Talk

Advanced search

Do I really want to come back?

(2 Posts)
Lifeisadancefloor Thu 09-Jul-15 10:46:59

Hello all, I'm after a bit of advice. I taught secondary (mainly post 16) for 10 years, then gave up to work in a commercial (but very clearly aligned to education) business - so I am fully up to date with what is going on in the school world.I might be losing my job end of 2016 anyway due to the long term contract ending.

I have today received news of a job not far from my home and a potential interview for next week. So what I am asking is do I go back? What are the pros and cons of working in secondary now?

I know asking near the end of term is not helpful - but wondered if anyone has any insights they would share........

Whichseason Thu 09-Jul-15 20:38:49

Just read through the threads on this board. If you are up to date with the changes you will need to know the additional negatives at the moment but you the positives, the students will always be the same.

Only you can decide if you want to come back. Maybe think about why you decided to leave in the first place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now