Talk

Advanced search

Lesson observations whilst pregnant

(10 Posts)
Teaching123 Wed 01-Jul-15 15:56:18

I'm hoping someone has been through similar and can give me some advice about this.

I'm due my last lesson observation of the year next week. I will be 29 weeks pregnant (with a lively 4yo DD & a single mum), have had time off this week for one of a million extra scans & have Monday off next week for GTT tests. Observation is Thursday.

I'm hot. So hot. Boiling. And just don't feel like I can handle a proper formal lesson observation.

Do I just have to get over it? And whatever happens happens? I'm really worrying about it as I no way have the energy & know I won't be at my best.

Advice appreciated!!

Littlefish Wed 01-Jul-15 18:23:06

Grit your teeth, put a cold flannel on your forehead, your feet in a bucket of water and start planning. Once you've planned it you will feel better about it.

SweepTheHalls Wed 01-Jul-15 18:26:07

My final one was at 38 weeks!

SuffolkNWhat Wed 01-Jul-15 18:26:07

I had fucking Ofsted in July 2013, last week of school, and heavily pregnant. Tbh I just thought "fuck it" and did my usual stuff and got Outstanding.

See if school can source you a fan.

caravanista13 Wed 01-Jul-15 18:30:40

I'm afraid you just have to get on with it. If you're ok to be in school you're ok to be observed.

DoloresLandingham Wed 01-Jul-15 19:45:46

What's the purpose of the observation? Performance management? Formative support? Whole school T&L quality assurance?

DD was born in August 2013, and I taught right up to the end of term in the heatwave. It was bloody awful but I had an observation about three weeks before the end, at 34 weeks. It was fine.

I'm afraid I agree with the poster who said above that if you're OK to be in school and teaching, you're OK to be observed.

From what I've seen, it's forecast to be a bit cooler next week. Chin up and good luck.

Teaching123 Wed 01-Jul-15 20:26:02

I shall get on with it. I know that's what everyone does! It's performance management but I guess I'll plan it, do my best, and then take the "it's not the end of the world" attitude after! Thanks smile

Hezaire Tue 07-Jul-15 18:47:29

Had an obs when I was a similar stage. Just gritted teeth.

I don't think they are that hard on you when you are pregnant

Appervine Tue 07-Jul-15 20:19:37

I think you just have to grin and bear it. I had one at 38 weeks. I could hardly move around the tiny classroom, I was so big. Good luck!

Noodledoodledoo Wed 08-Jul-15 08:22:47

I had my pmr observation at 32 weeks. About this time last year. My HoD commented he thought I would just go through the motions but as it was for my Threshold I went all out. He could see my belly/ id badge jumping throughout!

Hope your observation goes well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now