Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone taught their own DC's class?

(9 Posts)
dinoswore Mon 29-Jun-15 19:32:40

And how did that go?

I'm considering applying for a teaching job at my DC's school. If I get it, both of my DC will come through my class. It's a composite Y2/3/4 class by the way.

Any experience?

Tissie Tue 30-Jun-15 13:18:18

I taught my son at middle school and during my career met many teacher and sons/daughters working in the same school. It never seemed to be a problem. However, the younger the child the more likely it is they will forget the mummy/teacher divide and call you mummy.
You would need to do some preparation with your children around the dividing line and having to share you with 25+ other children. If you have a TA in the class I would suggest she responds first to your children leaving you free to work with others.
It is certainly not an insurmountable problem. Best of luck.

eatyourveg Thu 02-Jul-15 11:13:09

dm taught at my school and took me for a couple of lessons covering for absent teachers - horrid horrid horrid, don't do it. Primary school may not be so bad but at secondary - v bad idea imo

happyteacher1 Thu 02-Jul-15 15:08:08

As a matter of interest, what do DC, DS and DM stand for?

FeelingSmurfy Thu 02-Jul-15 15:12:28

My mum was a TA in my primary school but was not allowed to be working in same class as me (other than days when extra help needed etc)

FeelingSmurfy Thu 02-Jul-15 15:13:14

DC - Darling Children
DS - Darling Son
DM - Darling Motherb

FeelingSmurfy Thu 02-Jul-15 15:13:33

Darling/Dearest whichever!

happyteacher1 Thu 02-Jul-15 15:18:45

Thank you smile

I was trying to work it out!

elephantoverthehill Thu 02-Jul-15 18:02:27

It makes report writing interesting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now