Talk

Advanced search

End of term staff night out shenanigans

(23 Posts)
CherylBerylMeryl Sat 20-Jun-15 22:11:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Sat 20-Jun-15 22:19:59

Ah, who thought "handbag vodka" was a good idea at stupidly priced hotel? Me? Well it might have been. blush
Hello also to very very drunk teacher who went clubbing after 6th form ball and ended up playing football in the supermarket car park at stupid o clock. With his 6th form.

CherylBerylMeryl Sat 20-Jun-15 22:32:01

Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Sat 20-Jun-15 22:50:46

Pre fb. He apparently was a 'ledge' immortalised in many 6th form shows. He now drives to all dos.

MrsUltracrepidarian Sun 21-Jun-15 08:41:55

Xmas party on a Thursday night, so school next day. NQT drunkenly dancing collapsed, legs akimbo, dress up to her waist, had to be dragged protesting off the dance floor and the PGCE student decided to walk home along the towpath, got tires, and fell asleep under a bridge (in December shock - woken up next morning by a cyclist - luckily in time to get to school grin.

Notsoskinnyminny Sun 21-Jun-15 12:43:09

Our Head always finishes his end of term speech with "remember, when it gets messy, you teach at <insert name of rival> school" grin and the local pub survives the year on the takings from our end of year shenanigans so really we're providing a community service but its a good thing we don't have to get up early the next day or 3!

LindyHemming Sun 21-Jun-15 16:53:03

CtrlAltDelicious Sun 21-Jun-15 16:57:11

I've got my sensible head on this year. Just started a new school in my first SLT role and do not want to wake up the next day and that overwhelming sense of horror as it all comes screaming back.... I'm going to drink but not get embarrassingly drunk! I hope.

CherylBerylMeryl Sun 21-Jun-15 16:59:52

LindyHemming Sun 21-Jun-15 17:13:51

Notsoskinnyminny Sun 21-Jun-15 17:35:19

Euphemia as a reluctant middle aged bag who still thinks she's 20 something we go out of our way to show the young uns how its done. Perhaps my excesses are the reason I've got 2 teetotal, sensible kids

LindyHemming Sun 21-Jun-15 17:52:51

CherylBerylMeryl Sun 21-Jun-15 19:10:17

IHeartKingThistle Sun 21-Jun-15 19:17:41

Oh God. Hungover after staff do and threw up on the street outside school in front of arriving students. A colleague had to make a trip to the stock cupboard to throw up.

I know, I know.

I know. blush

tethersend Sun 21-Jun-15 20:29:31

>Running out of assembly to vomit multiple times? Check.

>Two teachers HAVING A FULL ON PUNCHY FIGHT? Check. (One of them cussed the other's wife if you must know)

>Unknowingly getting off with the Dad of your most difficult year 10 student? Err...Check. Parents' evening that year was not fun. Not fun at all.

LindyHemming Sun 21-Jun-15 20:33:11

Outwith Sun 21-Jun-15 20:35:21

shockgrin tethers.

I really want to be a teacher now, you all sound like my kind of people.

Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Sun 21-Jun-15 20:36:25

And Thethers wins the thread! I never ever tried to cop off with one of tge partners at the accountants I worked at pre school working. No no no

CherylBerylMeryl Sun 21-Jun-15 20:38:19

HettyD Wed 24-Jun-15 17:59:56

We had one staff do in a bar which had mixed-sex toilets...all sorts of shenanigans!! Another do the police were called due to rowdy TAs!! And on a third the bus driver stopped and refused to drive any further because we were too loud/rude!! Our staff so's are legendary and planned with far more precision than revision!!
Always say we are from another local school though,just in case it gets into FB!!

chosenone Fri 26-Jun-15 07:12:03

We had 'quiet drinks' in a local ish beer garden, straight after an early.finish once. So 2pm start ...wasn't too bad for the more experienced hardened drinkers of us but by 6pm, one had thrown up on the table, one asleep in a corner and one had passed out in the loos blush unfortunately this was as many local families were arriving for meals so we needed to evacuate the building asap !

crumpetsryummy Sun 28-Jun-15 21:52:00

Thursday night Christmas term night out. Rather alot if alcohol drank by some members of staff. Traditional to have half day on last day of term and certificate assembly, then all teachers sing a song to the whole school in usual 'we can not sing note to save our lives style'. Think alot of staff had a couple of hours sleep if they were lucky. By assembly they were definately feeling the effects, think a combination of sitting in front of warm radiators and lack of sleep caused 2 sleepers and 2 to have to exit the assembly. Lots if of insulated cups of coffee were needed that morning! The head provided bacon sandwiches at morning briefing and headache tablets and bets were taken on whose class went out to play first! !!!!!!!

Notsoskinnyminny Mon 29-Jun-15 19:15:18

Hetty if the coach was coming back from the races we work at the same school grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now