Talk

Advanced search

Just need some support

(4 Posts)
KinkyDorito Sun 10-May-15 16:02:10

Am feeling stressed out at the moment and like I'm going to grind to a halt. So much work - exam classes, external moderation - in a school that is rapidly improving so fortnightly learning walks and a crazy marking policy. Huge pressure on getting kids through that kids themselves aren't feeling! Mocks last week and some borderline C grades didn't even attempt questions. I could have wept.

I just need people to give me a boot, make me suck it up and get on with it over next few weeks.

MrsEvadneCake Sun 10-May-15 16:04:45

Two weeks until a holiday week;then at least you won't have the children in to deal with.

I know how draining it feels and how everyone ends up disheartened. You are making difference to some of these kids though. Even if it doesn't feel like it.

Have a wine and five minutes to yourself.

KinkyDorito Sun 10-May-15 16:06:59

Thanks thanks smile. I won't mention the half term revision days then... grin.

I just wish they'd back off with learning walks during the final exam push sad.

MrsEvadneCake Sun 10-May-15 16:19:12

Ah that's a bit rubbish! I'm a TA and am getting my own son sorted for secondary transition and SATS. As a parent I appreciate all the additional support teachers do and as a professional I know you give it your all because it's just what we do.

The learning walks could wait but they don't see that often. They have a schedule and on it goes. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now