We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Independent school - school's doctor

(14 Posts)
printer11 Tue 05-May-15 22:22:57

my school wishes for me to go to the appointment with their doctor. Concerned about my welfare ( My GP did not have concerns). Should I worry? Can the school send the report to their doctor and say their own interpretation of things?

ReallyTired Wed 06-May-15 17:41:48

Are you a member of a union? When I worked in a state school I saw the lea occupational therapist as I had SPD. Have you had time off sick? Is your head questioning your medical fitness to work. I saw occupational health as my manager was worried about my duties affecting my pregnancy.

WombatStewForTea Thu 07-May-15 17:07:21

I've just noticed that you're the poster who started the capability threat. In which case I'd definitely be taking union advice before seeing a school doctor!

Littlefish Fri 08-May-15 06:36:16

I've just seen your other thread too. Do NOT see, or agree to see their doctor until you have spoken to your Union. In fact, do not do anything until you have spoken to your union.

echt Fri 08-May-15 10:34:19

Never ever deal with an employer's doctor. Ever.

Speak to your union. Everything in writing/emails.

printer11 Mon 11-May-15 13:40:12

Why I should not see the school doctor please?

WombatStewForTea Mon 11-May-15 19:35:41

Because if they're starting capability against you I'd worry that the doctors visit could twist things against you. Please please please seek union advice.

Littlefish Mon 11-May-15 19:36:20

Because he is the school's doctor, paid for by the school and therefore not impartial.

Have you spoken to your Union yet

Do NOT see the school's doctor.

printer11 Wed 13-May-15 18:20:07

is school dictor the same as occupational health soecialust?

Littlefish Wed 13-May-15 19:29:06

I doubt it.

Please please please speak to your union before you do anything else. You are putting your job in jeopardy if you don't.

WombatStewForTea Wed 13-May-15 20:36:53

No they're different. Please tell me you've called your union?

printer11 Thu 14-May-15 07:50:35

i asked union they said this is reasonqble request and they advised to go to schoOLS OH. my HT said to take time off for now to recover from stress i had. shall i ask hr to postpone OH?

echt Thu 14-May-15 08:59:50

It's a request. You do not have to comply.

Was this your school or regional rep who advised you? Go regional.

printer11 Thu 14-May-15 09:19:35

i asked union itself...they said they can only send regional rep if there is a capability formal meeting...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now