Thank GOD it's Friday

(19 Posts)
TheTroubleWithAngels Fri 01-May-15 18:01:14

Outrageous parental request of the week: could I not wear tights because a child likes stroking my feet?

Yes, he does have ASN but......

wine wine wine

bigTillyMint Fri 01-May-15 18:03:21

I had a pupil who absolutely loved and stroked my pink patent leather shoes.

They were rather lovely!

TheTroubleWithAngels Fri 01-May-15 18:05:49

I don't mind playing with my shoes, but he loves to touch the soles of my feet.

I think it's a good thing that he's comfortable with me... confused

bigTillyMint Fri 01-May-15 18:09:03

With or without your shoes on?!

TheTroubleWithAngels Fri 01-May-15 18:11:15

I normally wear little ballet shoes and he slips his hand in underneath if he's sitting and I'm above him.

BackforGood Fri 01-May-15 18:16:13

You've reminded me of a little chap in my first Reception class, back in the day. I used to wear patterned tights (as were all the rage at the time) and he used to sit and trace the patterns with his finger. grin

grin We don't have that problem in Secondary, at least! Happy weekend, everyone.

TheTroubleWithAngels Fri 01-May-15 18:22:12

grin

exLtEveDallasNoBollocks Fri 01-May-15 18:23:33

Considering that I work in Admin, this week I have dealt with: 4 puking children, two punch ups, one screaming match between 6 girls ALL of whom ended up crying their eyes out, 3 angry parents, two angry kids, one child with SN who just wanted to sit under my desk (so I let him, he stayed for about 2 hours) a pissed off ex-teacher and an angry Governor.

I'm cracking out the Smirnoff.

TheTroubleWithAngels Fri 01-May-15 18:34:03

Two punch ups? Cripes- enjoy that Smirnoff!

AdorabeezleWinterpop Fri 01-May-15 18:57:55

We had Ofsted this week. Do I win?!

FuzzyWizard Fri 01-May-15 19:08:17

You win!
I have been driven to distraction by coursework and controlled assessment avoiders. I might have tipped over the edge if ofsted were in.

TheTroubleWithAngels Fri 01-May-15 19:22:48

You win! Surprised you can still type!

How did it go?

pieceofpurplesky Fri 01-May-15 19:29:16

This is why i teach secondary! Feet and shoe touching ew.
I had to step in to a fight this week too. Year 11s. Scary stuff as I am only 5'2"

awfulomission Fri 01-May-15 19:43:21

Yes, happy Friday all!

I filled in 3 massive CP referrals and got nothing except that done until lunchtime. Other than teaching, obvs.

It's all vanishing thanks to gin now!

Theymakemefeellikeshit Fri 01-May-15 22:08:53

OP - a bit ew but at the same time quite sweet

bigTillyMint - can;t believe only one person wanted to touch your pink patent leather shoes. They sound gorgeous.

AdorabeezleWinterpop Sat 02-May-15 01:59:15

Trouble it was positive, thank you!

WhenMarnieWasThere Sat 02-May-15 02:05:06

We had ofsted too. Well, Welsh version. And because it's Wales we had 4 weeks to stew before they arrived. (Not sure if the extra notice is a blessing or a curse!)

AND I wasn't even supposed to be there as I was due to have an operation the week before that was cancelled at the very last minute.

I am looking forward to a lie in and a lazy weekend. smile

Happy weekend all round, I hope.

WhenMarnieWasThere Sat 02-May-15 02:07:18

Our Ofsted went very well.
I had the best lesson observation of my whole career, impressed the inspector who went and told the head, who in turn came and hugged me in front of the chair of governors and called me a "Clever girl!"

High praise indeed.

Best bit, Adora.... we are as far away from the next inspection as it is possible to be. That's a good thought.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now