Talk

Advanced search

Application form...handwritten or typed?

(7 Posts)
Hellokittycat Tue 17-Feb-15 20:19:48

I'm edging towards hand written as I think it may be useful for the head to see that I have neat handwriting and that I have good spelling without the use of auto correct, although I am wondering if typed may look professional?
What is the general opinion??

toomuchicecream Tue 17-Feb-15 20:22:20

Have always typed. Has the added advantage that as just about all the jobs I've ever applied for have been on the standard LA form, each time I decide to apply for a new job I only have to update it - all my prior experience, qualifications etc are already there and I only have to remember what I've done in the current job.

Why not hand write the cover letter? Although the last 3 jobs I've applied for I did by emailing the form to the school. Based on the applicants to be my new TA (in November), all the applications for that were electronic too.

TheDuchessOfSalford Tue 17-Feb-15 20:24:59

HT DH says typed, every time.

Don't you have to return it via email, though? That seems to be the norm round here, so handwritten would be a faff.

(If you do email it, make sure any email address you have is appropriate for a job application - he once had an application from someone whose email address was madcow@google.com or something similar. He put it straight in the bin.)

MaraThonbar Tue 17-Feb-15 21:20:36

Typed!!! Handwritten implies that you don't know how to use a computer - sorry.

Hellokittycat Tue 17-Feb-15 22:11:27

Pretty unanimous then..I will type!
Thanks

DontGotoRoehampton Wed 18-Feb-15 10:42:03

madcow@google.com
grin
(off-topic, but when I have to contact a pupils' parent for some reason, always makes mu heart sink when I see her emails address is eg CrazyBabeBabs@xyz.com)

TheDuchessOfSalford Wed 18-Feb-15 21:29:33

He also had a parent whose email address was along the lines of phonesarahforsex@blahblah.com shock.

Needless to say, he didn't!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: