Talk

Advanced search

"Improvement to workload"

(11 Posts)
Quitethewoodsman Sat 07-Feb-15 15:49:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

noblegiraffe Sat 07-Feb-15 15:58:17

There won't be any mid-year curriculum changes is what they said. So the massive workload-inducing changes to GCSE and A-level are fine to continue. And we still don't know whether AS levels will be decoupled from A-levels and won't till after the election, but that's not a mid-year change because the courses don't start till September.

If they were really concerned about teacher workload they could have e.g. given us extra PPA time. This is just window-dressing.

HumphreyCobbler Sat 07-Feb-15 16:07:03

FFS
Workload one of the main reasons I left the profession. Not going to be coming back any time soon then hmm

Sparkle9 Sat 07-Feb-15 16:11:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SignoraLiviaBurlando Sat 07-Feb-15 16:20:02

Just saw this on twitter. Interesting comments on the article.
Best one I saw was (paraphrased) 'let's emulate Scotland - max 39 hr week, SLT can then prioritise what they want from us in those 39 hrs...'
Often see posts on here form MN teachers in Scotland - sounds like they have much more balanced workload.

Brandysnapper Sun 08-Feb-15 23:10:47

35 hour working week in Scotland - though the main teaching union is having a "tackling workload" campaign so it doesn't seem to be stuck to exactly...

rollonthesummer Mon 09-Feb-15 13:16:13

It's so insulting, isn't it!? I think the first one was even, 'Ofsted won't make any new changes part way through a year-unless we really have to' so that's a totally meaningless crock of shite!

What can teachers strike about? Can we strike about workload? Excessive working hours?

Callooh Mon 09-Feb-15 21:33:42

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

rollonthesummer Tue 10-Feb-15 08:25:35

Did they honestly think we are so stupid that we'd be pleased with that?

LooksLikeImStuckHere Tue 10-Feb-15 08:27:19

Personally, I think I'll spend all the extra hours looking for another profession...

rollonthesummer Tue 10-Feb-15 08:32:06

Good idea. I'm right behind you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: