Talk

Advanced search

'Reason for leaving'- what on earth is a good answer?

(5 Posts)
1hamwich4 Wed 21-Jan-15 22:59:31

I'm in the process of filling in an application form for a teaching job at a private college. This is a bit of a leap for me as I don't work in a school at the moment.

I've never been asked this question before. How on earth do I answer? (Basically my previous moves have been down to end of funding, or wanting to move up in my job, no flounces or anything like that). I can't work out what they hope to learn from such a question...

meandjulio Wed 21-Jan-15 23:01:39

Career progression
End of contract
Relocation

Just put the truth, but in the most positive way that you can. They just want to be able to track your progress and work out how often you have moved sideways, upwards, backwards (I took four successive pay cuts in jobs over six years of my CV, not so much leaning in as falling over backwards).

FabulousFudge Wed 21-Jan-15 23:11:33

CPD - continuous professional development

summerlovingliz Wed 21-Jan-15 23:12:36

New challenge

1hamwich4 Wed 21-Jan-15 23:22:19

Oh, is that all? It seems odd to have it on an application form. After all, if you took a 'worse' job because you hated your existing workplace, you'd hardly put that, would you?

Thanks for your replies! smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: