Advanced search

Bag for teachers?

(20 Posts)
LooksLikeImStuckHere Thu 15-Jan-15 17:03:29

My cat went to the toilet in my large Cath Kidston bag. I loved it but wish it had more dividers as everything just ended up tumbling around in the bottom.

Don't want to spend more than about £30. It needs to be big enough for the usual paperwork and some books if necessary - zip to protect them from rain.

Anyone got any ideas?

shinysparklythings Thu 15-Jan-15 17:08:22

I just have a laptop backpack! Not very stylish but incredibly practical.

LooksLikeImStuckHere Thu 15-Jan-15 17:50:41

Thanks shiny. I may have to look at those. Think I'd end up with too much stuff in them, I like my bags sizeable!

TheTroubleWithAngels Thu 15-Jan-15 18:11:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

toomuchicecream Thu 15-Jan-15 18:26:23

I put most of my stuff in my laptop backpack too. Then any over flow (ie sets of books for marking) either goes into the rather nice Radley bag DH gave me for Christmas - but only if they aren't too heave - or a fabric carrier bag we got from the le Creuset shop when we bought a large casserole. That one can take loads of weight! I find that the bigger the bag, the more I stuff in and so end up lugging ever increasing loads around.

I would go for a smaller bag for pens, diary, notepad etc and then something like the supermarket jute bag when there are sets of books to transport.

Charingcrossbun Thu 15-Jan-15 18:30:17

I went to an inset once where the chap talked about teachers taking their marking out for walks and day trips home and back without getting out if the bag! He advised a small bag, and get the marking done in class/school! I've never quite managed it but u think the logic is there!

LooksLikeImStuckHere Thu 15-Jan-15 19:02:16

I currently use supermarket bags, I just wish they had zips as I don't like the rain getting on the top of the books as I walk to the car. Plus I don't like them grin

I like his thinking Charing. He's right, I do often do that! But then I have to get out by a certain time to get DS so it has to be done smile

Lizzylou Thu 15-Jan-15 19:08:02

I am only training but my lovely MIL made me a wonderful, patchwork, strong bag with pockets, can take a few files, but if I have to take books home to mark, I have a jute bag for life as well. My MIL rocks smile

LooksLikeImStuckHere Thu 15-Jan-15 19:11:31

Lizzy I was wondering if I should just make my own and look up patterns. I seem to be too tight fussy to buy the ones in the shops!

Skatingfastonthinice Thu 15-Jan-15 19:14:11

'I currently use supermarket bags, I just wish they had zips as I don't like the rain getting on the top of the books as I walk to the car. Plus I don't like them '

I used to do that, but I put the books in a plastic carrier bag first and then put the carrier bag into the supermarket one upside down.

LooksLikeImStuckHere Thu 15-Jan-15 19:24:45

That would work in the short term, definitely! Thanks all smile

Dixiechick1991 Sat 17-Jan-15 10:29:59

I have a cath kidston bag and love it but same problem, everything rolls round in it.
I just came back from New York & found that the medium brown bag from Bloomingdales is the perfect size for a few folders or a whole set of books to mark.

AsBrightAsAJewel Sat 17-Jan-15 12:56:33

I've got a craft storage bag. Mine has dogs on and came from Dunelm, but I can't find anything similar on their website to link for you. Its a bit like this. It is wide enough to stand up a couple of A4 folders and has an inside pocket. But what I like is the pockets all round the outside of the bag for pencil cases, small note book and other bits and bobs. Its only draw back is it doesn't zips up and so although its PVC it doesn't keep the contents dry in rain.

Quitethewoodsman Sat 17-Jan-15 13:38:05

Skatingfastonthinice Sat 17-Jan-15 13:47:44

Where's the space for 35 A4 books to be marked?
Are you a PE teacher? grin

Skatingfastonthinice Sat 17-Jan-15 13:50:27

My teacher bag looks more like this

noblegiraffe Sat 17-Jan-15 13:54:19

Hmm not sure what I would label those dividers with. Calculator, spare protractors/compasses, lunch I didn't get time to eat, emergency hairbrush and concealer for parents evenings, tonnes of hand sanitiser.

TheTroubleWithAngels Sat 17-Jan-15 14:07:36

Quitethewoodsman Sat 17-Jan-15 14:33:02

LooksLikeImStuckHere Sat 17-Jan-15 17:14:18

Not too many essays from year 2 but would have loved that divider bag when working full time!! I just slob about now and mark the occasional book wink

Think that craft bag idea may be a good one to investigate!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now