Talk

Advanced search

Adding lessons to timetable after Year 11 and 13 have left?

(5 Posts)
reallifegetsintheway Thu 15-Jan-15 16:45:31

Hello- does anyone know the 'rules' for this? A colleague is leaving and the school are infilling the slots left vacant by exam. classes going on S/L. Is this allowed and should it be paid?
I work PT in an independent school.
Thanks.

noblegiraffe Thu 15-Jan-15 20:53:52

Don't know about independent schools, but certainly a teacher can have their timetable amended to teach different classes. Gained time is still directed time. Some schools move the year groups up and start the next year courses after y11 leave.

Mostlyjustaluker Fri 16-Jan-15 20:05:34

As long as it is on your timetable and you are not doing your above your allocated hours it is allowed. Many schools start their new next year's timetable after their year 11s have gone.

Hulababy Fri 16-Jan-15 21:01:03

Long time since I have worked in secondary now but certainly happened all the time when I did. Very rarely got to keep lots of gained time from y11/13 classes which had left.

Its all directed time so I assume the HT is able to direct teachers to teach new/additional classes in these slots once the y11/13 child have left. AFAIK headteachers can make alterations to timetables whenever they need to to best suit the school's needs.

reallifegetsintheway Sat 17-Jan-15 19:32:33

thanks for replies. I have negotiated a deal now, that will hopefully be mutually beneficial!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: