Advanced search

swearing - youtube video/ primary

(5 Posts)
worriednow1 Wed 14-Jan-15 20:26:17

wanted to show one video clip in lesson in science lesson and at the beginning of the clip ( just before the experiment) 2 guys in the video said to each other f... o... I did not watch it first as I took the suggested link from the website resources... -the class laughed so I apologised and said it is not appropriate, scrolled to the experiment and then did not dwell on it. Well...I will not sleep tonight...worried about tomorrow if kids complain...WWYD?

caravanista13 Wed 14-Jan-15 20:27:41

They'll hear worse in the playground!

Quitethewoodsman Wed 14-Jan-15 20:30:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Maidupmum Wed 14-Jan-15 21:40:46

I'm a HT and wouldn't be impressed at that- not the swearing but I would expect you to have watched the clip first and to have told me that it had happened so that I was aware of the issue if any parents raised it. See your HT first thing tomorrow.

Passmethecrisps Wed 14-Jan-15 21:45:40

I am secondary and many of our videos have swearing. If it comes up without me expecting (other colleagues have watched it and no mention) I apologise at the time briefly then make a more specific 'statement' at the end. Sort of summing up the content and linking it to the course followed by an apology for the language.

I think much depends on your school and the age. "F off" is quite harsh for primary. I would be a bit shifty about that at secondary so get your big girl pants on about why you didn't check it first. Not judging - I have done it as well but at the end of the day this is the sort of thing that will happen.

Most reasonable parents will accept a blushy apology

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now