Advanced search

KS1-do you subscribe any good websites to cut down on planning time?

(6 Posts)
letseatgrandma Sun 11-Jan-15 23:11:10

My school already have Phonicsplay, Espresso and Education City, but I was wondering if the TESiboard or TES phonics was worth getting?

I can't quite work out if the TESiboard includes their phonics stuff or if it's separate though!?

toomuchicecream Mon 12-Jan-15 06:52:30

If I was going to buy a subscription it would be phonics play! I sometimes debate shelling out for Hamilton as they have good ideas but I don't like their format so I would spend longer rewriting it than planning from scratch! I've heard good things about Plan Bee (or whatever it's called)

Makingchanges Sat 17-Jan-15 18:16:37

Phonics play without a doubt. Our whole school uses this now but teachers have paid for it. I had it before I joined and it's the best thing I use.

We have Hamilton but think it can be very dry and you have to add to the planning. I use planbee for some history and re units and love it. If you subscribe to their newsletters you often get offers as it can get expensive. I am in year 1 and although you get everything you need (and alternatives if you fancy something different) I have found that I only use 2 levels of differentiation with them as they're highest level is too hard for mine.

Letseatgrandma Sat 17-Jan-15 18:45:06

Hmm-we had Hamilton at my last school and I wasn't keen and we've already got Phonics Play. Has anyone tried the TESiboard subscription?

toomuchicecream Sun 18-Jan-15 07:35:21

Had it for a while because a colleague shared her log in with me. Didn't use it much though.

AsBrightAsAJewel Fri 23-Jan-15 17:58:44

I subscribe to Twinkl for resources, then use tes, communication 4 all, topic box, etc. All of which are free. Is it planning, as such, or resources to support your planned objectives you want? I used to use Hamilton, but went off it and I also bought some scholastic lesson plan books, which are an OK starting point if you are new to a key stage, but I never look at them now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now