Advanced search

Would you go to this interview?

(4 Posts)
eltsihT Wed 07-Jan-15 21:41:29

I applied for 2 jobs in December both closing about the same time.

One interviewed on the 16th of December and I got the job. 3 days a week long commute (40mins to 80mins each way). I started on Monday and am really enjoying it.

The second job got back today and offered me an interview. It is in walking distance of my house and is 2 days a week.

Both jobs are temporary till the summer hols. Even if the days magically worked out I don't want to work 5 days a week.

I am a secondary teacher and have 2 classes that have been messed about a lot who are sitting their exams this year.

I want to withdraw from the interview as I don't want to mess the classes about more.

My MiL also a teacher but primary thinks I am crazy not to want the job closer to home.


ProcrastIWillFinishThisLater Wed 07-Jan-15 21:58:11

Decline the interview. Even if you got it, you'd have to work your notice, and it's only until the summer. It won't look good on your cv and you'll have burnt your bridges at your current place.

FabulousFudge Thu 08-Jan-15 22:34:48

I agree!

eltsihT Fri 09-Jan-15 07:06:52

I have withdrawn from the interview. I knew it was the right thing to do but my mil made me doubt my decision.

Thanks all

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: