Talk

Advanced search

Returning from maternity leave pregnant

(5 Posts)
Izzy82 Wed 31-Dec-14 21:26:43

sorry of this has been asked before but if I am currently on maternity leave, how long would I have to go back for to qualify for maternity pay again. I'm not pregnant yet but considering trying again soon
Thanks

Finola1step Wed 31-Dec-14 21:34:30

I have a vague recollection of 15 weeks. A colleague of mine (TA) came back from ML and was about 5 months pregnant. I think she did 13 weeks plus two weeks Easter break and them started ML no 2.

That said, it would be wise to find out for sure on the quiet by talking directly to your Union. Especially if you work in an Academy or Free School which may not afford you the enhanced arrangements under the old Burgandy Book.

rollonthesummer Thu 01-Jan-15 14:22:43

I thought maternity leave counted as continuous service, so you don't have to go back for x weeks in order to qualify?

Purplecircle Thu 01-Jan-15 14:28:36

You don't have to go back and you will still get SMP
But just bear in mind that it's calculated on your earnings between 21st and 29th week of pregnancy so if that was SMP then you'll get 90% of that each week next time

Izzy82 Thu 01-Jan-15 14:52:17

Thank you everyone for your replies, that's very useful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now