Talk

Advanced search

crisis - pushed around/ fed up/ unhappy with work environment at school/ little support

(5 Posts)
worriednow1 Sun 21-Dec-14 14:00:22

have stayed in present school about 9 years and it was OK till sort of this year. I have gradually become aware that I do what others aroud tell me to do ( HOD, senior colleagues etc) I know am a push over but now I feel I do not want my life to be overtaken by others pushing me...my confidence is so low at the moment, each little thing requires constant approval from other members of staff. Also, I feel I have not achieved what I really aspired to and feel a sense of a failure. I thought I would be progressing in my career by working ( despite 2 small kids), but now I can see I am not good in my job, I am not a good mum, I am not a good wife. I need to reevaluate my life....fell like going part time and having more time for what I like/ for enjoyment in life...

GingerbreadPudding Sun 21-Dec-14 18:53:19

Ok, so go part time. Or go supply - your current school would probably use you lots as you know the ropes.

echt Mon 22-Dec-14 00:18:02

OP, could you say in what ways you are a pushover? What are all these approvals from other staff, is it school policy or just you?

Quitethewoodsman Mon 22-Dec-14 11:38:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

worriednow1 Mon 22-Dec-14 17:18:19

I want to start a club and now my HOD says that I need an approval from another teacher... it is not a school policy - it is her view...and as he is HOD - she can push me around?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now