Talk

Advanced search

How much planning etc do you do on Sunday?

(9 Posts)
Imsosorryalan Sun 07-Dec-14 22:31:17

I'm intregued. I've just returned to teaching after a 6 year break. Prior to this I was a teacher for 10 years full time so I thought I knew what I was doing. I have good time management and can prioritise work well. I sat down at 1.30pm this aft and only finished at 9pm!

I'm shocked at how long it's taking me to plan. This includes no marking by the way. Pure planning for lit/spag with success criteria sad

Cerisier Mon 08-Dec-14 15:30:08

Secondary maths teacher. I do long days during the week but don't work at the weekend.

saadia Mon 08-Dec-14 17:18:36

All planning is done during PPA time but I always think through things again at the weekend. Time spent depends own what we're doing but maybe a couple of hours. I'm in Early Years so most of my time is spent creating resources.

toomuchicecream Mon 08-Dec-14 20:50:49

Sounds about right to me. I've now got my Sundays down to 6-8 hours of solid, head-down work from the 10+ I used to spend.

MsFiremanSam Mon 08-Dec-14 22:09:05

4-6 hours on a standard week. More if any looming work scrutinies/observations etc!

EvilTwins Mon 08-Dec-14 22:14:06

Generally about 6 hours most Sundays.

I don't work on Saturdays but have pretty much resigned myself to a 6 day working week.

2kidsintow Mon 08-Dec-14 22:19:12

None.

I mark as I go and stay up to date (most of the time).

I plan after school with my partner teacher. As we've both been in the yeargroup for more than 2 years now and have all our planning in place on the server and know what worked and what didn't, it goes quite smoothly.

Then I prepare all my differentiated resources in PPA time which I handily have at the end of the week.

I take a copy of my timetable home and may find a few things online in the evening or do some online assessments in the week once or twice a term but that's about it.

Although if observations are looming then I will end up writing up lesson plans at home too.

Nonie241419 Fri 02-Jan-15 11:47:48

I only work 2 days a week, but spend 3 hours planning on a Sunday evening, and then a while tweaking it on Monday evening. I'm only entitled to 1 hour of PPA a week and my school choose to pay me extra rather than give me the time (I'd rather have the time) so I can't use PPA time. Marking takes me a ridiculous amount of time.

bamboostalks Fri 02-Jan-15 22:02:00

None. I very very rarely work at weekends. That's not for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now