Talk

Advanced search

Most common days for Ofsted inspections?

(22 Posts)
rennyrenoir Tue 02-Dec-14 22:11:37

Do inspections tend to be in the middle of the week? Has anyone been inspected on a Monday and Tuesday under the new framework? My school was done 4 years ago on a Monday and Tuesday but haven't heard of this recently.

LittleRedRidingHoodie Tue 02-Dec-14 22:18:13

Won't ever be a Monday as you'd have a weekend to prepare. Not Fridays either as that's their paperwork day.

lecherslady Tue 02-Dec-14 22:32:27

We've got Ofsted this week . They came on Monday. We were told last Thursday. I teach 16-19 year olds, don't know if that makes a difference.

rennyrenoir Tue 02-Dec-14 22:40:32

Yes, getting the call on the Friday for a Monday - Tuesday inspection does seem a little unfair as a school would have longer to prepare. When we were done 4 years ago on a Mon and Tuesday the school was a hive of activity all weekend..!

ICantFindAFreeNickName Tue 02-Dec-14 23:25:25

I thought they would not come in on a Monday anymore as it gives you too much notice. I also think they do paperwork on Fridays. So Tue/Wed or Wed/Thur would be most likely.
Although cant they just turn up completely unexpected these days anyway.

rollonthesummer Wed 03-Dec-14 13:44:23

That's not true that they don't come on Fridays; we were done recently. Got the call at 1pm Wednesday and they were in Thursday/Friday.

rennyrenoir Wed 03-Dec-14 15:05:49

So middle of the week looks more likely. Mondays are my day off so kind of hoping for a Monday inspection...! Do you think they are likely to come in the last week of term?

rollonthesummer Wed 03-Dec-14 17:07:31

you will either get..
---Phonecall Monday pm for a tues/weds inspection.

---Phonecall Tuesday pm for a Wednesday/Thursday inspection

---Phonecall Wednesday pm for a Thursday/Friday inspection.

DontGotoRoehampton Wed 03-Dec-14 18:19:26

A friend's school was done last year in the last week of this term.

Ridingthestorm Thu 04-Dec-14 10:00:14

Schools near me were also inspected in the last week before the summer holidays. One was inspected on the final two days!!! We have been inspected:
1st week back after May half term in 2004. 4 day inspection. Lovely team.

1st week back after Xmas hold in 2008. 2 days on weds and thurs. Horrid team.

Last week before Feburary half term in 2011 on weds and Thursday again - nice team but HMI were in inspecting the inspector. She was an 'easy' inspector and said if it hadn't been for HMI, she would grade the school good but got satisfactory. I later researched this inspector and she gave similar schools good and one an outstanding but all downgraded now.

Week of SATs in 2013. It was a political inspection. Horrible team, very unfair, even admitted it was political (Gove didn't like how MPs in our constituency had voted against him in some sort of educational reform and despite county results being above national average, because just under half or over half of schools were satisfactory, Wilshaw wasn't happy). Even said had he come after key stage results were in, the grading would be different.

Now awaiting inspection number 5 in our school. We seem to be so very unlucky in gratings. Depends on the political drama at the time and also we always come after reforms to inspections made, so don't stand much of a chances really.

Purplevicki Sun 07-Dec-14 09:59:38

We have ours this week and it is our last week before Christmas

rollonthesummer Sun 07-Dec-14 10:12:37

How do you know you have Ofsted this week? Have you been given the weekend to prepare?

Purplevicki Sun 07-Dec-14 19:15:11

FE college. We got the call on Friday for a Tuesday start

rollonthesummer Sun 07-Dec-14 19:41:25

Ah, right-so you get a bit more notice. Just in time to ruin your whole weekend!!

KittyandTeal Sun 07-Dec-14 19:47:28

We were done a few weeks ago (gosh that long!) and they came thurs, fri. My only bloody working days!

threepiecesuite Sun 07-Dec-14 19:59:19

We're awaiting the call and suspecting it may be before Christmas. It's been almost 4 years since we got a Good.

I don't work Wed/Thurs so I'm praying it's then. It looks like Special Measures beckon for us.

NoelleHawthorne Sun 07-Dec-14 20:06:13

I want a no notice.
no bloody lesson plans and worksheets

threepiecesuite Wed 10-Dec-14 19:27:59

Ha, well my prophecy came true, they're in today and tomorrow! <psychic>

DontGotoRoehamptonUniversity Wed 10-Dec-14 19:32:29

<psychic> grin
and the lottery ticket numbers are......?

rennyrenoir Wed 10-Dec-14 22:48:04

What a scarily accurate prediction! Do you know how it is going despite it being your days off? We are still waiting for 'the call'... SLT think it will be next week.

threepiecesuite Thu 11-Dec-14 08:30:34

Yes, I've been in touch with colleagues. They asked for all books to be made available at the front of each classroom. The book scrutinies are very detailed.
Feel sort of guilty not being there!

Ridingthestorm Thu 11-Dec-14 15:40:15

Threepiecesuite

Though you haven't been in today, I hope the first day went well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now