Talk

Advanced search

hate waiting for shortlisting!

(9 Posts)
cricketballs Fri 28-Nov-14 18:56:53

saw a vacancy on TES that initially I didn't think was my field (strange name of faculty!) but for some reason clicked on it; when I went through the job description/person spec saw that it was ideal. Visited the school as the role is unusual and although visited out of school hours fell in love with the place - felt like it was home

Application sweated over, checked several times by a colleague whose opinions I 100% trust; closing date noon today, interviews will be held on 4th Dec

now just the waiting for shortlisting; why do I feel the need to keep checking my email at this time on a Friday night!!

CatKisser Fri 28-Nov-14 19:03:44

Oh god, I would too! I so hope you hear from them.....it's brilliant when you get that feeling. I've got a good feeling for you though...

cricketballs Fri 28-Nov-14 20:21:45

Thank you cat

LizzieVereker Fri 28-Nov-14 20:26:36

I have a good feeling for you too - good luck!

cricketballs Mon 01-Dec-14 18:28:52

Spent today constantly checking emails and phone and nothing sad, my line manager has read through my application and said he would be amazed if I didn't get shortlisted... Times running out though; I'll be really upset if I don't get an interview as I think I meet the job description, person spec perfectly!

fourcorneredcircle Mon 01-Dec-14 21:49:14

If you don't hear anything, chase it up. I did after an application for a perfect role that had been triple checked by line manager, deputy and head of another school. I rang the school I had applied for asking for feedback on my application (at the insistence of my line manager, I must say... I would probably have written it off and consoled myself with a bottle glass of wine.) The head from the school rang me and basically said they wanted a particular blend of languages/KS that I couldn't completely offer (yeah... They didn't mention that in the advert!). I know it's not normally the done thing but hey, it meant when someone else dropped out they had me in their minds - so glad I did because I got the job after interview.

cricketballs Mon 01-Dec-14 22:46:25

Thanks corner my line manager has said to chase for feedback if no interview offered, it's not something I've considered before (have asked for feedback following unsucci interview)

cricketballs Tue 02-Dec-14 10:34:08

Asked for feedback and just had a standard reply saying unsuccessful sad

fourcorneredcircle Tue 02-Dec-14 19:59:02

Sorry to hear that. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now