Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Classroom Observation

(7 Posts)
jardy Sat 15-Nov-14 13:51:52

Please could you send me any ideas for handwriting skills for a six year old boy with a visual impairment.I know Primary Resources and PinInterest are good but if you could suggest anything else I would be very grateful.I know about providing the correct equipment and conditions to meet his visual needs,just need some exciting ideas.He can form letters but not very well,and his TA asked for suggestions.My line manager is observing me teach him for half an hour in two weeks time.Thank you!

Cataline Sat 15-Nov-14 13:55:10

Twinkl do lovely pencil control worksheets on different themes. I use them as starters for pre-writers. They made me some for the theme I was doing last term too- used them in a lesson obs.

Asleeponasunbeam Sat 15-Nov-14 14:02:40

How about working on fine motor skills/ handwriting using interesting sensory materials. He could write letters in sand, shaving foam, hair gel, play dough etc (see Imagination Tree for great ideas).

jardy Sat 15-Nov-14 17:15:48

Thank you for those great suggestions

jardy Sat 15-Nov-14 17:16:32

Thank you for those great ideas

jardy Sat 15-Nov-14 18:37:30

Cataline and Asleep
I have looked at those sites-wow,thanks so much.Really appreciated.

makeitabetterplace Sun 16-Nov-14 09:23:10

You need to be doing this all the time for this lad, not just when you're being observed. The first thing I'd be asking him is if he normally does this and when he says he doesn't I'd be looking into what he normally does. A classroom observation isn't about pulling it out of the bag for one hour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now