Talk

Advanced search

applied for a job which is not my career progression - move sideways... feel a bit bad

(6 Posts)
startnow Wed 12-Nov-14 18:55:25

feel bed in my ambition - but need a fresh start/environment to build up energy for the next post. or part of me thinking why not to be patient and wait for a better post and decline an offer that I have now?

CatKisser Fri 14-Nov-14 17:26:03

You're doing exactly the right thing, I reckon.
Apply for promotions when you're feeling confident and have the zest back. A sideways move is nothing to be ashamed about.

Coolas Sat 15-Nov-14 23:52:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheFallenMadonna Sun 16-Nov-14 20:52:50

I've done that, to get experience in another school. Good for me, I think.

Asleeponasunbeam Sun 16-Nov-14 21:04:53

I've 'demoted' myself a number of times over the years. Sometimes I can't comprehend what I used to do (in very senior roles). I really, really love being a highly experienced and well qualified teacher in a non-management role, despite the paycuts I've taken. Some of this was out of necessity - it was very hard to find part time work in my field after DC and relocation - but has been for the best in every way.

EvilTwins Sun 16-Nov-14 21:42:17

No need to feel bad. I've been in the same school for 10 years (minus a bit of mat leave) and I love it there but have no inclination at all to be senior management. I've done a number of Middle management jobs and have really benefitted from the experiences I have had. I love being one of the "old" timers at the school and have explored both curriculum and pastoral roles. I have been able to see where my passions lie and have been made an SLE which suits me very well.

Up is not the only way!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now