Talk

Advanced search

Job share - long term sickness

(2 Posts)
Laffytaffyx Mon 10-Nov-14 20:29:03

Hi

My job share appears to be in jeopardy as I know it anyway. I was doing 0.4 hours a week and sharing a few classes with my colleague. How do I keep my head afloat with their absence? It doesn't look like anyone else will be hired in the long term which means there will be several supplies covering. Any advice would be great - I'm pretty worried.

ICantFindAFreeNickName Mon 10-Nov-14 23:29:21

Is there any possibility of you covering at least some of your colleagues hours during their absence? You will probably get dumped with most of the work anyway if they are just using several supply teachers, you might as well get paid for it at the same time.
Alternatively do you know any supply teachers who would be able to do a good job of covering for your colleague. Sometimes if you go to management with 'I know Mrs xx would be great and would be happy to cover' they will employ them, whereas they would not go out and find someone themselves.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now