Talk

Advanced search

dilema intreviw - what if offer me a job? will need to move

(1 Post)
musicmusic Sat 01-Nov-14 10:51:57

The job really attracted me as good position Will attend interview and if offered - will need to move ( 2 hours away from where we live now),

Pros:
- this is step up role for me
- stimulating work environment ( seems to be)
- with the position, i will be able to look for the next step in my career, add more credibility to my CV,
- need a change - so that would be a real change for place to leave, work etc
- money - i guess the position will have a bigger salary than what I have now

Cons
- My older daughter in school now - just started, so she will need to start the school ( and there is a school with the place nearby where I would move to work). I think kids are small so will probably slot in.
- My husband earns half what I earn, so if the salary is even better what I earn now - that is already a plus? I suggest my husband then tries to a) negotiate withhis present work to do bulk hours ( for example 3 days to live where we live now) and the rest of teh week - with me and kids. UNTIL he find a new job near we wodul woudl live
- have to build the community ties ( at the moment we have friends, parents nearby, parents community - parents we know from school)

My consideration:
1. we are renting now and not tied in to the mortage, so can move.

2. I think if go for the job and start in March - I would just rent in the area myself to see if I get on ok with the job etc and then move kids and family in summer? this woudl allow some breating space and gentler transition.

3. it is quite a unique position that I woudl interveiw for - special niche for me and what I like doing, it is rare for this type of position to come up...

Please let me know your thoughts - woudl really appreciate it.

thank you all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now