Advanced search

Teaching/support assistant qualifications in Scotland

(2 Posts)
ponygirlcurtis Sun 17-Aug-14 13:54:22

I have just started a job as a part-time teaching assistant and I want to do some study to back up my on-the-job learning. I have seen various colleges nearby offering a PDA course (Professional Development Award) for TAs, but I am a single parent so can't attend evening classes. I have been looking into the Open University's Certificate in HE for TAs (called something longer), does anyone know if this qualification would still be recognised by/appropriate for Scottish schools?


Euphemia Thu 21-Aug-14 20:44:47

I don't think it would be formally recognised as such, but I am sure it would be welcomed. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now