Advanced search

Headship or set up own venture

(6 Posts)
Decisionsagain Mon 10-Feb-14 22:07:34

Thoughts please. I've been working towards
Headship. Would probably get there in the next cou

Decisionsagain Mon 10-Feb-14 22:29:34

Oops. Apologies.

Couple of years. However, I have four small children and am currently at home after having a baby. I know it's easy to get cold feet about going back but I've been thinking. I have been home educating for a substantial amount of time, have taught kumon, tutored for 11+ etc. And am seriously thinking I could set up my own tutoring venture. Have also thought of a couple of twists and also like the idea of doing a few workshops for parents about teaching young children effectively.

So I'm quite tempted. It would leave me in control and I would have more time for my amazing family. No more Ofsted, less red tape etc. But I have worked hard to get to this point and time is not on my side. I do absolutely love being part of a school but am not convinced I can reach my dream of headship and do a good job and also be there for my gorgeous kids. Any thoughts appreciated.

rollonthesummer Mon 10-Feb-14 22:50:20

I cannot imagine being a head that you would have enough time or energy to spend any time at all with your children sad

MushroomSoup Tue 11-Feb-14 20:11:15

I'm a head with five children...

breatheslowly Tue 11-Feb-14 20:15:11

Wouldn't the hours that people want tutoring for their children in be exactly the hours that your children would be home from school and want to be with you?

cuggles Thu 13-Feb-14 19:56:01

That is what puts me off ,breatheslowly. Like you, decisionagain, I have done lots of varied tutoring whilst on a 4 year "career break" although was only at senior leadership level and never wanted to be a head but would love to continue it but for the fact it would be exactly when I want to be home with my own children..thought about running a tutoring agency too??...always getting asked if I know anyone for x,y,z. I wondered about tutoring adults in the daytime, literacy/numeracy etc but lots of places offer that for free with various gvmt programmes funding??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now