Talk

Advanced search

Progression to UPS2

(5 Posts)
LaSingeEstSurLaBranche Thu 23-May-13 21:08:58

My school is now an academy. Had a very straightforward progression to UPS1 even though I'd been on maternity leave.
Have been told that to apply for UPS2 I have to submit a page of A4 detailing level progression at every Key Stage ( I teach primary too as we are 3-18). Also all observations have to be 2s. I have one 3 in 8 years of teaching and my external results have to be good.
The only group I have going through this year are my A2 students, who were so lacking in general knowledge I have had to educate them on the topics in English before teaching them the French.
I'm screwed, aren't I? I don't think anyone will get a payrise now that schools can set their own rates of pay.

sozzle8 Sun 26-May-13 07:56:22

My progression up to UPS2 has just been based on my performance management and the opinion of my Head l think. I don't need to do any additional work for it. I am in primary teaching!

EvilTwins Sun 26-May-13 10:40:06

I'm in an academy. I want to progress to UPS3. I have to write a letter outlining how I continue to meet and exceed the teaching standards. I'm annoyed about it- they know exactly what I do, FFS, but that's the rules of the academy bosses (we're part of a chain). I shall do it, though, otherwise I definitely won't be getting a pay rise.

Nehru Sun 26-May-13 10:42:15

i got ups1 on Head and perf mgmt too - also think you have to show that you will go the extra mile and do managey stuff even if its not directly your job

LaSingeEstSurLaBranche Sun 26-May-13 10:44:26

Oh yes, forgot about the 'meeting the standards' bit as well. I just know I'm going to spend ages writing it and nothing will come of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now