Talk

Advanced search

Any pre-school managers here?

(3 Posts)
Shybairns Mon 20-May-13 20:18:25

Hi am being interviewed for a position at a pre-school tomorrow and have never been interviewed for such a position.

In fact the one and only interview I have ever had in my life was for cabin crew back in 2000!

Any key terms and phrases I should remember?
I have some expereince of the EYFS as I have been volunteering in a Reception class for the past year.

Otherworld Mon 20-May-13 23:28:09

I'm not a preschool manager but I've done some hiring as part of being on the preschool committee. We were looking for qualified staff - but after that the choice was really someone who'd enjoy playing with the children, and would just fit in with the team. I would say to use your year of volunteering in school as a benefit.

Willingness to undertake extra training and become more qualified was important to us too.

Good luck!

Shybairns Tue 21-May-13 12:15:16

Thanks Otherworl. I should have said I have just completed a Level 2 in Supporting Teaching and Learning. Which obviously is a TA qual for primary school, but they are happy that with my experience and the level 2 qual I am on paper suited to the job.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now