(10 Posts)
Royalmailer Sat 18-May-13 19:08:15

Specifically:

EAL
SEN
NGO

No-no or acceptable?

ReadytoOrderSir Sat 18-May-13 19:10:28

I used EAL and SEN in mine! (Now an NQT) Every word counts so I figured it was justified. Familiar education-related ones should be fine.

Makingchanges Sat 18-May-13 19:16:28

I used SEN and EAL on mine (now an NQT) and got loads of interviews. What's NGO though?

Royalmailer Sat 18-May-13 19:16:36

Thank you! That's really helpful.

Royalmailer Sat 18-May-13 19:19:11

Non-Governmental Organisation- generally a charity that fulfills some kind of political/social role, but operates independently from government.

eg Save the Children, Amnesty International and Greenpeace are all NGOs.

EvilTwins Sat 18-May-13 19:31:17

I would say that acronyms like EAL, SEND, LAC etc show you know what you're talking about. Just make sure you get the most up-to-date version!

Royalmailer Sat 18-May-13 19:42:01

One more thing! Sorry!

Is the phrase 'jobshare' acceptable to use as a verb in this context?

as in 'two teachers who jobshared' (I'm talking about my volunteer experience at a school)

HedgeHogGroup Sat 18-May-13 21:06:58

LAC is no longer acceptable as the 'looked after' comes before the child hmm. The correct terminology is now CLA - child who is looked after.

EvilTwins Sat 18-May-13 22:50:50

Ooo, didn't realise that blush Just got my head round PP and the fact that more than 4 in one class = a "group". Great. More data to analyse... I now have a group called "boys who have recently arrived speaking no English and have no interest I the subject but were dumped I the class two thirds of the way through yr10 because there was no space elsewhere"

EvilTwins Sat 18-May-13 22:51:11

In, not I.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now