Talk

Advanced search

I hate my job

(6 Posts)
nqt Fri 17-May-13 18:50:45

Coming up to end of NQT year. Lovely lovely children, great progress, super families. Awful management (nice but ineffective) dismal support staff in a totally demoralised school. Much as I love the important parts of my job, these bits are REALLY getting to me. I've accepted a job share for next year, would I be crazy to change my mind at this stage even though I have nothing else to go to? I am constantly fire fighting, with no time to get better at teaching, and no one to look to for guidance. On the plus side it' s a local job (I have dc) and they are thin on the ground. I just feel depressed every day, and that I can't get on with being the teacher I need to be.

Chanatan Fri 17-May-13 21:55:08

I think you would be crazy to back out with no other job to go to.A family member is at the same stage as you,her job has now ended and she is searching for another,she applied for one post and there were 170 applicants for one post.

Euphemia Sat 18-May-13 08:22:46

I would stick at it while looking for another job, or look at supply if there is enough work locally.

Sympathies - I hated my NQT school too!

nqt Sat 18-May-13 19:15:45

I know, I know ... it's just that the thought of going back there in September is so grim. Have some great colleagues, the ones I am close to are going for interviews at the moment. HT lovely but ineffectual, morale is terrible. I don't feel I have anything left to give, and it's unfair on the dc.
I will have to grit my teeth I suppose, and get through til Xmas, cos nothing else suitable is coming up. I'm assuming the May deadline applies to me, not sure - still on the temp mat cover contract at present with permanent job share contract due to start in a couple of months.

TwllBach Sat 18-May-13 19:35:37

Another NQT here in a school that sounds similar - lovely kids but the rest of it is enough to make me shake with nerves and weep. I would still go back though (and have applied to stay for September) because its just so competitive out there. I'm a great believer, as well, in the old adage that its easier to find a job when you have a job.

nqt Sat 18-May-13 20:01:15

I've reached a point beyond rational analysis. You are right, I know that, and thanks all for reminding me. I shall continue to fight the overwhelming urge to hand in my resignation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now