Talk

Advanced search

Motivating year 11

(6 Posts)
Schooldidi Mon 13-May-13 21:55:41

Does anyone have any ideas about how to motivate a year 11 class who have just had enough? We've still got 2 weeks left before they leave and I teach them 5 more times (and I've checked, no more than 4 at a time will miss Maths for exams). They are a bright group with targets of As and Bs, but some are quite lazy and would be perfectly happy with a C even though they are bright enough to get a B.

I'm trying really hard to make the revision interesting and engaging, but I've run out of ideas blush.

orangeandemons Tue 14-May-13 19:51:48

Buns and cakes work well

orangeandemons Tue 14-May-13 19:58:35

Ours go on study leave this week. Mine are all in an exam on Wednesday. I thought all the exams had started by now.

deleted203 Tue 14-May-13 20:54:50

Oh golly...I feel your pain! I have no brilliant ideas left now - Y11 have worn me to a frazzle this year. We have a particularly apathetic bunch who expect to be spoonfed everything, won't bother revise properly and have now completely switched off.

I'm counting the days until they leave!

What's your subject?

EvilTwins Thu 16-May-13 18:46:34

Mine have all finished (BTEC Performing Arts) but I still have to entertain them for three hours a week. They don't get study leave either. Losing the will to live... I've already done cake.

StressedByOfsted Thu 16-May-13 18:59:21

We don't do study leave either, and have Ofsted this week. Luckily mine haven't done their exam so I can at least be revising with them, I feel very sorry for the subjects where they have already done their exams and they have to produce an Ofsted standard lesson with year 11.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now