Talk

Advanced search

Applying for PGCE- can I leave off one dodgy GCSE result?

(9 Posts)
Royalmailer Mon 13-May-13 18:14:14

All my GCSEs are A*/A/Bs, apart from one D hmm -crap teacher, lazy teenager.

It just looks so rubbish, can I leave it off?

SorrelForbes Mon 13-May-13 18:15:05

I never list anything under a C.

Royalmailer Mon 13-May-13 18:17:17

The application goes into a lot of detail- list every uni module, every exam board for GCSEs upwards- hence why I think they might want to see proof eventually.

I remember from UCAS applications that you had to list everything and it was v.v. bad if you didn't.

It's also a language GCSE so I think they might notice it's not there?

SorrelForbes Mon 13-May-13 19:04:07

Hmmmm, I never ever list my Ungraded rather bad Maths O Level blush

FieryChipotle Mon 13-May-13 19:07:48

I wouldn't bother. As long as you have Maths, English and Science (and possibly your chosen subject if applying for 11-18) I honestly don't think they will care! My teacher training college was the best in the UK and I'm pretty sure they never checked a thing...

TheFowlAndThePussycat Mon 13-May-13 19:09:38

They asked for all my certificates when I did my PGCE, I had to dig them out of the loft! So I don't think you'd get away with it I'm afraid.

Having said that, I don't think they'd hold a D against you as long as it wasn't maths/English/science. It's a pass after all smile

Pluto Mon 13-May-13 22:01:39

As long as it isn't a core subject it won't be held against you, and anyway you really should put it on your application. When you get a teaching job your employer will want to see all your GCSE certificates so in the end you won't be able to hide it away anyway.

LadybirdsEverywhere Tue 14-May-13 20:56:47

No school has ever asked to see my GCSE certs. A level and degree, yes, but not GCSE. I never mention my Home Ec. GCSE grade C. The easiest GCSE I sat and my lowest mark - oh the shame.

Lockedup Tue 14-May-13 20:58:23

I've never been asked to show anything except core subjects/degree Certs. Id miss it out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now