Advanced search

Getting a job through an agency

(5 Posts)
Sparklesandglitter Wed 01-May-13 21:24:38

If you get a job through an agency and it is permanent who employs you the lea or the agency? Who pays your wages and do you get normal mat leave and sick pay etc?

GW297 Wed 01-May-13 23:22:50

LA and they pay you monthly. You will get holiday and sick pay. The school will have to pay the agency an introduction fee for you. If you get a temp job you sometimes still get paid weekly through an agency and then you wouldn't get sick or holiday pay but would still be paid at the higher rate to compensate. Well done on getting a permanent job. I hope you enjoy it.

Sparklesandglitter Thu 02-May-13 02:13:45

Oh no I have a job at the minute but I am considering applying for a new job but it is through an agency. A colleague is currently employed through an agency (although on a fixed term contract) and she is having problems getting paid mat leave so I didn't want to apply if I would then potentially be employed by the agency not the lea iyswim

clattypatty Thu 02-May-13 02:38:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

clattypatty Thu 02-May-13 02:40:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: