Advanced search

Training as a TA and EYFS

(5 Posts)
TheBuskersDog Fri 15-Feb-13 10:17:48

In my school the Foundation Stage classes each have a qualified nursery nurse working alongside the teacher, rather than a TA. I believe that is 2 year full-time course.

lpy101 Thu 14-Feb-13 14:26:04

The teachers at my son's preschool have all been funded through the CACHE level 3 course. If you pay independently, our local college was charging in the region of £700-800. Maybe if you're lucky, you could find a job where they are willing to pay for the course while you work?

Good luck!!

Tinkerisdead Tue 12-Feb-13 07:33:54

Thank you thats really helpful smile

ninah Tue 12-Feb-13 00:04:04

check at your local college for NVQ type courses in learning and child development - the one I did was CACHE Level 2 i think, I went on to work in EY. The course requires you to have a placement as you are observed with the children, so the preschool opportunity would be perfect. Good luck it's a super career, you won't look back!

Tinkerisdead Mon 11-Feb-13 08:50:15

I'm not sure where to post this so I'm hoping here would be a good place to start.

I'm really interested in becoming a teaching assistant but I think I'm more interested in Early Years. I know that you don't actually need qualifications to become a TA but I've been looking at courses to increase my awareness etc whilst youngest DC is very little.

I'm really confused at which courses may be credible. I can see Level 3 teaching assistant being required but evidently EYFS training may also be prudent. I've looked on skills4schools and DofE websites but I can't work out the best path to take.

I've been offered the chance to volunteer in my dd's preschool but I'm keen to do some formal learning too if it's worthwhile?

Can anyone advise me at all please?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: