Talk

Advanced search

Applying for a job in a school where you have previously been unsuccessful at interview

(3 Posts)
saadia Tue 16-Oct-12 21:02:23

I was interviewed (unsuccessfully) for a class teacher position before the summer and the same job has been advertised again. I did ask for feedback at the time but did not get any, can't decide whether or not to re-apply. Has anyone ever re-applied and been successful?

Knowsabitabouteducation Wed 17-Oct-12 18:17:54

I have interviewed for another post, five years after the original rejection. I received very nice feedback first time round, with the usual "we will keep your CV on file".

I was unsuccessful the second time too sad. I have seen the same job advertised again (large department so presumably different teacher) but I didn't have the courage to contact them again. I was also put off by the nature of the interview questions and the feedback not matching up to the actual lesson.

If you really want the job, you have nothing to lose by emailing the head teacher to ask whether it is worth applying. You don't want to waste your time or theirs. I would be a bit concerned about the lack of feed back first time round though.

saadia Sat 20-Oct-12 09:04:41

Thank you for your reply knowsabitabouteducation, I will send in an application. I agree the lack of feedback was disappointing just because I don't know how good my lesson was, but I did like the school. The children at my interview lesson were astonishingly well-behaved.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now