Talk

Advanced search

Watching the boards...

(5 Posts)
TwllBach Fri 05-Oct-12 21:21:26

Do you do it too? I'll be browsing the Active Threads and then I'll see a thread about a teacher/issue at school/child at school and click on it to make sure it's not about me grin

Have you ever seen a thread about your teaching??

partystress Fri 05-Oct-12 22:02:41

Never seen one, but live in fear! Just like every time I get message that X's mum rang and wants a word, I catastrophise and see myself on a gross misconduct charge... Not that I do grossly misconduct myself, I hasten to add, but I think the job makes you very paranoid!

TwllBach Fri 05-Oct-12 22:08:04

Ha, me too grin

Today, in class, just after PE, one of the bits in my class discovered he was wearing a shirt that wasn't his. At the time, the only way I could think of trying to sort it out was to ask the other boys if I could check the labels in their shirts, so I asked them to take their jumpers off so I could check. Now I'm home, in the back of my mind I'm imagining them going home and telling parents "miss made me take my clothes off!"

EvilTwins Fri 05-Oct-12 22:33:33

I do! Had a weird one today- at the end of my lesson (secondary drama) there was a puddle on one of the benches (kids sit on them but they double up as staging) One of the kids said they thought there was a leak in the roof. I alerted the caretaker, who came over, investigated and realised that it was urine shock. So it would seem that a yr 7 child wet themself in my lesson, without anyone noticing. No one asked to go to the loo, and there are no SEN students in the class, or any with medical issues. I am now dreading a call on Monday from a parent whose child came home with wee-stained pants and trousers, and has said that I didn't let him go to the loo.

TwllBach Fri 05-Oct-12 22:39:51

I'll keep an eye on the AIBU boards for you evil wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now