Talk

Advanced search

Applying for a primary pgce

(1 Post)
Usherwoop Sun 30-Sep-12 18:33:32

Hellooo teachers and TAs, I am looking for some advice!

I am currently a learning assistant in a college, and am hoping to get onto a primary pgce starting Sep '13. What kind of transferable skills gained in HE do you think would be accepted in my primary pgce application?

I am getting experience in a primary school now, but it probably won't be as extensive as others, and the pgce I am applying to is particularly competitive but is my local university so practically would be preferable. I am aware of how strict the entry requirements are and want to relate my current job as much as possible.

I have worked in the college for a year, mainly supporting students with ASD. However my first choice requests experience to be mainstream so probably won't stress this aspect too much.

I also have a 4 year old ds, not sure whether to speak of this in my application? He has delayed speech and language so have worked hard getting him to catch up- attending courses etc with him. I personally find this relevant but opinions would be welcome!

Thank you in advance :D

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now