Are you a Suffolk teacher?!

SuffolkNWhat Sat 29-Sep-12 22:25:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EcoLady Sun 30-Sep-12 01:29:36

Is there ever a season when there is no teacher bashing? :-(

SuffolkNWhat Sun 30-Sep-12 07:22:18

petalpower Sun 30-Sep-12 07:39:19

Another Suffolk teacher here! Love your name.
Yes, I read something earlier about slack reception teachers (actually all primary teachers) not taking responsibility for every item of clothing their pupils took off whilst changing for PE and general playground chuntering.

SuffolkNWhat Sun 30-Sep-12 07:41:05

suburbanmyth Sun 30-Sep-12 07:45:00

Sorry to change the subject, but they are not getting rid of middle schools are they? I went to middle school in Suffolk (a long time ago!) and I was only just the other day telling DH how it was just fantastic - the best years of my schooling...

petalpower Sun 30-Sep-12 07:47:33

I'm Northern area primary, hello!
Hope you're not up working this early? I've got an observation this week so have already had the dream last night where I've done no planning and have no concept of what I'm teaching. Up early to make a start on the enormous pile of marking before my DC get up!

petalpower Sun 30-Sep-12 07:50:26

Yes they're going. IIRC Lowestoft and Haverhill areas have gone, think Western area schools are next over the next couple of years. It all keeps changing depending on who you listen to about the timescale. The OP will probably know more as a middle school teacher.

SuffolkNWhat Sun 30-Sep-12 08:13:56

suburbanmyth Sun 30-Sep-12 09:12:13

Very sad, I went to two in BSE area and I think they were fantastic. A great transition from primary to senior, a great age range of kids, what a shame they are going. <slinks off down memory lane for a bit of nostalgia> sad. What about you op? Are you just going to have to wait and see work wise?? Must be very confusing as you say.

SuffolkNWhat Sun 30-Sep-12 13:11:41

suburbanmyth Sun 30-Sep-12 13:21:57

Don't mind telling you on here - I doubt it would 'out' me - it's ages ago! I went to Horringer Court Middle for 2 years and then to Beyton Middle for two years.(we moved house) Beyton was amazing at the time, we had a fantastic head, a woman deputy head and amazing teachers across all subjects. They were just so proactive and forward thinking!

I always thought it would be the ideal age range to teach sad. Do you go up to senior school or down to primary then (if the closures take place) if you are a middle school teacher confused

And what happens to the physical school sites? Sold off to developers??

SuffolkNWhat Sun 30-Sep-12 15:11:33

Craftymoo Sun 30-Sep-12 22:36:00

Hello. I'm a Suffolk teacher too. Currently in our first month of SOR in Western area, so we are enjoying the pleasure of keeping Year 5. Have just finished the marking, I had forgotten how much writing they can do by that age!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now