Talk

Advanced search

Do you ever feel like you have got it right?

(10 Posts)
TwllBach Mon 24-Sep-12 17:37:41

I am a primary NQT and I am struggling with my confidence atm. I never come out of a lesson feeling like it wasn't awful. When I am trying to be objective, I can see that it was ok, but I just want that feeling of "wow, that was really brilliant!"

sad

cybbo Mon 24-Sep-12 17:41:49

Well at least you are reflecting ! I don't think any lesson can be perfect, there are too many variables. Think about what worked and use it again, don't use what didn't work, and don't be too hard on yourself

TwllBach Mon 24-Sep-12 17:45:41

I would also really really love to observe a few lessons here and there because I didn't teach for two years between graduating and finding a job... Is it rude to ask?

cybbo Mon 24-Sep-12 17:47:28

Of course not! Colleagues should help each other and as long as you booked it in with them, they wouldn't mind

I'm just starting my GTP year so will e in your shoes Sept 2013

TwllBach Mon 24-Sep-12 17:51:41

Ooooh good luck! Is the GTP the one where you get paid to train?

Born2bemild Mon 24-Sep-12 18:10:38

You should definitely find someone to observe. It should be no problem, just give them a few days notice.

cybbo Tue 25-Sep-12 07:24:35

Yes I'm training on the job, just in the middle of my first 2 week block at Uni.

Good luck with your NQT year !

TwllBach Tue 25-Sep-12 18:03:05

Are you excited cybbo? I've just had a brilliant day plus really good parents' evening, so on this occasion I am going to tell you that it was one of the best jobs in the world grin

cybbo Tue 25-Sep-12 22:07:09

a little daunted as the paper filling exercise is enormous. But I musnt lose sight of the fact that I've taught whole classes many times as an HLTA, it's the planning and assessment I want to get my head round.

Am enjoying being a student at the moment, back into school next week!

GW297 Fri 28-Sep-12 19:13:52

You should get to observe experienced teachers as part of your nqt induction. Don't be too hard on yourself. I found my second year so much easier than my first if that helps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now