Can I ask a question about the Prince Phillip tribute interviews?

(11 Posts)
Haberdasheryhen Sat 17-Apr-21 06:25:06

eddiemairswife

I'm amazed by the number of Royal Family experts there seem to be.

Gosh yes. It must be lucrative. I have seen more than enough of Dickie Arbiter to last a lifetime this week; and now his daughter starts popping up everywhere! Bottom feeders all of them! As let's not mention Nicholas Witchell and Paul Burrell ... ugh.

mermaidsariel Sat 17-Apr-21 06:17:32

That’s really quite creepy.

JustLyra Fri 16-Apr-21 17:50:21

Lockdownbear

How often are they updated?

And how old are the Royals before they make one for them?
I can't imagine that they would make them for Royals under 21 purely on the basis of what would you say about them.

Could you imagine what some of them would say at the moment🤦‍♀️

I think they’re updated annually.

I believe they have them currently for the Queen, her four children and William.

KindergartenKop Fri 16-Apr-21 17:11:19

@Lockdownbear I think they must have updated it at the end of 2020. There was no mention of the recent hospital stay but footage of them during the pandemic.

I expect it's someone's job to keep on top of the major obituaries and they refresh them annually.

OP’s posts: |
eddiemairswife Fri 16-Apr-21 17:04:53

I'm amazed by the number of Royal Family experts there seem to be.

Lockdownbear Fri 16-Apr-21 16:57:09

How often are they updated?

And how old are the Royals before they make one for them?
I can't imagine that they would make them for Royals under 21 purely on the basis of what would you say about them.

Could you imagine what some of them would say at the moment🤦‍♀️

Lockdownbear Fri 16-Apr-21 16:48:43

I'm sure the TV companies have lots of these programs made not just for Royals but big Sport, Music and TV celebrities too.

The question is do the people watch them in advance and approve them?

Advertisement

JustLyra Fri 16-Apr-21 15:35:39

They are well prepared in advance

It is perhaps slightly weird to do, but the alternative would be to have to speak about their parent or siblings (they are prepared for the deaths of the senior royals) within a day or two of their deaths.

KindergartenKop Fri 16-Apr-21 15:20:07

But I wouldn't talk about the personality traits of a family member like that! They are also wearing black ties, which establishment men don't tend to do as a fashion statement!

growinggreyer Fri 16-Apr-21 15:13:56

I would talk about someone in the past tense, not because they were dead but because I was remininscing. Eg, my old teacher was very strict. He always used to tell me that I needed to come out of my shell but he was also the first person to notice that I needed glasses and I will always be grateful for his kindness. See how it sounds fine to use the past tense - it doesn't mean that he is pushing up daisies.

KindergartenKop Fri 16-Apr-21 14:59:13

I'm watching the BBC tribute programme. Obviously it was pre prepared (made in at least 2012 as one of the interviewees has been dead a long time!). They clearly have asked them to talk about him in the past tense. I'm quite surprised that they even have his children (Andrew has been cut) talking about him in the past tense and wearing black ties/ jackets too. Do they agree to do this as it's part of the job? Do you think they see it as a way of perpetuating the 'firm' they belong to? It would just seem a bit tasteless to ask them to pretend their dad is dead to make a TV programme!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in