Talk

Advanced search

obviously this is untrue

(10 Posts)
perroy Mon 17-Jun-19 09:24:56

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7148007/Did-Prince-Philip-tell-Harry-One-steps-actresses-one-doesnt-marry-them.html

She is perfect for him. Why on earth would this advice be given

Ihopeyourcakeisshit Mon 17-Jun-19 09:26:51

Oh ffs
Another opportunity to Meghan bash.

GoFiguire Mon 17-Jun-19 09:28:05

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

TheCaddyisaBaddie Mon 17-Jun-19 09:35:30

It's the daily mail, chances are it's totally false

Cobh Mon 17-Jun-19 14:27:10

Sounds perfectly plausible to me, given Phil's past amours. Actresses are for pre-- and extra-marital flings, but at home you want a nice girl with corgis and tupperware.

Bluerussian Mon 17-Jun-19 14:51:35

I think that remark was prefixed by, "In my day....". It was a different world for the royals back then.

Prince Ranier of Monaco married an actress who took to her royal role like a duck to water.

Anyway, what are we doing earwigging on private conversations?

Prince Philip and the Queen looked delighted at Harry's wedding and also when they met baby Archie. I take no notice of bits of tittle tattle like this.

FirstTimeDogParent Mon 17-Jun-19 14:57:01

Traditionally, it was more the done thing for aristocracy to marry within their social strata. It’s not that outrageous a comment for a 98 year old aristocrat to make.

I have no strong feelings for or against Harry, Meghan or the RF.

IWannaSeeHowItEnds Mon 17-Jun-19 15:03:00

I wouldn't be surprised if he said this - he's not exactly known for his manners is he?

noodlenosefraggle Mon 17-Jun-19 15:06:13

Yes, lets take the words of a racist when his grandson marries a mixed race American as proof of her unsuitability to marry into the Royal Family...

pelirocco123 Mon 17-Jun-19 15:06:39

It's as truthful as you saying she is perfect for him OP

You really need to step make from this make believe world , its not healthy

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »