Talk

Advanced search

Are we being prepped for Andy and Fergie remarrying?

(33 Posts)
StillCoughingandLaughing Mon 20-May-19 00:00:09

It seems odd that Fergie was at Gabriella Windsor’s wedding otherwise. I know she’s been ‘back in the circle’ somewhat since Harry’s wedding, but she’s not exactly a close relative of the bride.

Of course, they could have a personal friendship, but if that’s why she was invited, why did she come with Andrew?

ScreamingValenta Mon 20-May-19 16:46:59

Would they bother prepping people? I think Fergie's talked about it before.

EdithWeston Mon 20-May-19 17:01:09

The rumour mills seem fairly consistent that remarriage isn't likely to happen in the short to medium term.

Who's Princess Eugenie's boyfriend? Might be getting serious if he's coming along to stuff with the Queen present

EdithWeston Mon 20-May-19 17:02:07

Do I mean Eugenie? Or shouid I have typed Beatrice?

(Always incompetent and get them the wrong way round)

ScreamingValenta Mon 20-May-19 17:09:50

You're right the second time - Eugenie married Jack Brooksbank last year. It made me wonder whether Beatrice would have a public wedding like her sister, when the time comes, or whether she'd marry privately. I don't think Eugenie's wedding was particularly well-attended by the public.

cakefor Mon 20-May-19 17:18:12

They live together anyway, have done for years. It's a strange set-up considering they are divorced. I don't see them remarrying.

fedup21 Mon 20-May-19 17:19:27

Do they live together-are they a couple then? I must have missed that one!

StillCoughingandLaughing Mon 20-May-19 17:38:19

Would they bother prepping people? I think Fergie's talked about it before.

There are still a lot of traditionalists out there. Fergie herself is like Marmite and I’d bet there are still many who see her as an embarrassment to the Royals. Hints in the press are one thing - the fact that they very publicly attended the wedding together suggests something more concrete could be in the offing.

ScreamingValenta Mon 20-May-19 17:44:52

Fergie herself is like Marmite

Andrew's not the most popular royal either, but I think if they remarried quietly, people would on the whole wish them well.

If they had any kind of big state wedding, they'd put people's backs up, but surely they wouldn't be foolish enough to do that?

XaviersMum1 Mon 20-May-19 17:46:51

They didn't exactly walk in holding hands did thry though. Honesty wish them well if they are together.

Was more surprised all the Middleton clan were there bit not Kate

ScreamingValenta Mon 20-May-19 17:48:49

Wasn't Kate with Wills at the FA Cup or whatever it was?

AuntieStella Mon 20-May-19 17:49:26

They've already had the big wedding.

If they do it again, I'd expect low key in a royal Chapel somewhere, with some coverage of everyone arriving and leaving.

But why wouid they want to? What's in it for them? They seem to have got life pretty well sorted as they are.

EdithWeston Mon 20-May-19 17:50:50

"Was more surprised all the Middleton clan were there bit not Kate"

That's because the groom is a particular friend of Pippa's, isn't it?

XaviersMum1 Mon 20-May-19 17:53:36

Ah thanks Edith

ScreamingValenta Mon 20-May-19 17:59:22

in a royal Chapel

If you're remarrying the person you divorced, are there restrictions on a church wedding in the same way there are for divorcees marrying someone else? Just thinking back to Chaz and Milla,

happyhillock Mon 20-May-19 18:03:56

Couldn't careless what those 2 clown's do, they don't need to get married they live together anyway.

IHeartArya Mon 20-May-19 18:10:34

My friends retired parents live together in the same house but separate bedrooms as they aren’t together but can’t afford to live separately. They attend each other’s family functions together but aren’t a couple. They’ve been like this for more than 20 years. They say they are great friends but terrible as partners!

EdithWeston Mon 20-May-19 21:17:28

I'm pretty sure that if you're remarrying the same person it's OK in church (Protestant)

Wildorchidz Mon 20-May-19 21:21:48

Why would the general public need to be ‘prepped’? Would anyone care if they marry again?

allergyhelpnewbaby Mon 20-May-19 21:24:25

Charles and Camilla wedding was pretty low key wasn’t it? I imagine if Fergie and Andrew did remarry they would do similar.

Butterymuffin Mon 20-May-19 21:55:21

I kind of hope they do, just because of Prince Philip apparently being dead against it. Don't see why he gets to have the final word, certainly given that he has had his share of insensitive behaviour (and allegedly affairs). But I don't actually think they will bother.

donajimena Mon 20-May-19 21:58:57

Sorry, are they actually a couple? I quite like Fergie.

RoseAndRose Tue 21-May-19 06:54:45

There aren't really any allegations of affairs.

There's general prurient shittiness about it though.

As there's either the Queen with him (very rarely apart) or CP officer/s, it's hard to see where he would get a chance.

beanaseireann Mon 24-Jun-19 10:51:12

I don't believe they are a couple. If I'm proved wrong and they remarry I will be delighted.

Fundays12 Mon 24-Jun-19 10:57:15

I thought they got back together years who but decided to keep it quiet. I doubt they will remarry but regardless of there relationship they seem to have always tried to co-parent there girls and put on a united front for them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »