Talk

Advanced search

To find the royal family fascinating part 3

(737 Posts)
BishopBrennansArse Thu 02-May-19 16:47:37

Don’t use it yet just putting it here ready for when part 2 runs out....

RubberTreePlant Thu 02-May-19 16:51:57

cakebrew

DialDownTheIanPaisley Thu 02-May-19 17:00:58

Nothininmenoggin Thu 02-May-19 17:02:58

Hasn't it all been said the nice, the bad and the ugly. It's getting tedious now

lyralalala Thu 02-May-19 17:05:26

It's getting tedious now

Then hide the threads and ignore it.

Some of us are enjoying the various different disussions on the threads.

AppleKatie Thu 02-May-19 17:10:50

Yes tedious threads tend to die out pretty quickly. The same can not always be said for tedious posters however 🤣

Checking in for the humour and royal history stories I’m hoping to read after work later 😃

DeftandGlory Thu 02-May-19 17:14:07

I’m guessing an announcement this weekend. Sundays and Bank Holidays are slow news days.
Wouldn’t do not to get maximum exposure for something you want private.

LaMarschallin Thu 02-May-19 17:15:32

<drags up sex chair; makes self comfortable. Ish>
🍸🍕

Ahhhh.....

Nothininmenoggin Thu 02-May-19 17:17:06

Only my opinion which I'm entitled to. Put your claws away.

BishopBrennansArse Thu 02-May-19 17:18:00

If it's zero interest don't read?

Puzzledandpissedoff Thu 02-May-19 17:21:02

Checking in ... if it helps, here are the previous two threads:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/3571762-To-find-the-royal-family-fascinating

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/3573020-To-find-the-royal-family-fascinating-part-2?watched=1&msgid=86760032#86760032

lyralalala Thu 02-May-19 17:23:19

These threads have been really good natured except from when one was trashed by some MM hating stuff.

I really hope those interested in that keep it to the other zillion threads and leave this one for sex chairs, constitutional chat, old royals, gary Linekar and Gazza's hardons chat.

yolofish Thu 02-May-19 17:38:10

Joining in, pref not on the sex chair (you don't know who's been there before you). I am fascinated by the whole arcane-ness of the royal world.

And I love Meghan, her beautiness, her devotion to good causes. Just hope she's having that baby soon or else she will be well pissed off (mine were 11 and 9 days late, little sods!)

TurquoiseDress Thu 02-May-19 17:41:25

Checking into this thread, oooh can't believe it's on to number 3 now.

Fab, can't wait!

longwayoff Thu 02-May-19 17:47:55

La marschalin, I'm not up to date on these threads but I'm guessing you've been lucky enough (?!) to inherit the Chair of Edward VII?

TracyBeakerSoYeah Thu 02-May-19 17:50:31

Checking in & did you know that the Royal Family used to have a servant called The Groom of The Stool.
The Groom of the Stool was a male servant in the household of the English monarch who was responsible for assisting the king in his toileting needs being have responsible for supplying a bowl, water and towels and also for monitoring the king's diet and bowel movements.
Whether the Stool Groom had to wipe the Royal bum is has been debated.
More information here: www.historic-uk.com/HistoryUK/HistoryofBritain/Groom-of-the-Stool/

RubberTreePlant Thu 02-May-19 17:53:40

* I really hope those interested in that keep it to the other zillion threads and leave this one for sex chairs, constitutional chat, old royals, gary Linekar and Gazza's hardons chat.*

Not to mention stick men's erections and Oliver Platt.

TracyBeakerSoYeah Thu 02-May-19 17:58:15

RubberTreePlant I don't think I'll ever be able to look innocently at a stick man or woman ever again.

MissEliza Thu 02-May-19 18:01:20

Nice to have a thread discussing MM (amongst others obviously) that doesn't end up being deleted!

Puzzledandpissedoff Thu 02-May-19 18:02:46

Just to revisit the succession and Camilla's status, does anyone else remember Charles being asked about this by Brian Williams of NBC? Apparently the reply was: "That's well … we'll see won't we? That could be"

As said I'd personally rather we had none of them, but if we must have a queen at all, is this really a dignified way to approach the whole thing? hmm

lyralalala Thu 02-May-19 18:05:19

I always thought Charles' 'we'll see' attitude was because they'd originally said she'd be Princess Consort, but that he wanted her to be Queen.

So I took 'we'll see' to be 'well I'm saying no now, but when the time comes I will stamp my feet and try and make her Queen'.

Maybe though it actually means 'oh shit no because we're not legally married'!

RubberTreePlant Thu 02-May-19 18:07:26

N

RubberTreePlant Thu 02-May-19 18:07:58

Oops blush

None of us will @TracyBeakerSoYeah grin

MissEliza Thu 02-May-19 18:09:45

Perhaps the Blair government didn't want to try to change the law because opening up the issue for debate might drag up a lot of pro Diana emotion.

summerof68 Thu 02-May-19 18:13:48

And I love Meghan, her beautiness, her devotion to good causes. Just hope she's having that baby soon or else she will be well pissed off (mine were 11 and 9 days late, little sods!)

Just going through the thread, read that bit about “devotion to good causes”. Absolute BS, going to have to bow out. Devotion to herself more like.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »