Talk

Advanced search

Did anyone see Popbitch this week and the story about Kate, William and Rose Hanbury?

(38 Posts)
AIBUtopickanyoldname Fri 29-Mar-19 21:37:17

‘Rural rivals’ is journalist code for ‘wife vs OW’ apparently. Has William been playing away?

StateofIndependance Fri 29-Mar-19 21:40:06

Oh I get it now. I wondered why this story was of any interest.

tenbob Fri 29-Mar-19 21:42:06

Popbitch stories haven’t been remotely relevant since about 2006

Speaking as a former journalist, there is no such ‘journo code’
The Sophia Money-Coutts article probably the best take on the situation

Christmastree43 Fri 29-Mar-19 21:42:51

Do you have a link/ copy of the pop bitch thing?

applepineapple Fri 29-Mar-19 21:45:56

Screenshot of article:

AIBUtopickanyoldname Fri 29-Mar-19 21:49:15

tenbob what are you on about? Popbitch were onto the Savile story years before anyone else. They’re usually at least a couple of months ahead of the mainstream press with stories.

poseybobblehat Fri 29-Mar-19 21:50:20

Similar story on Blind gossip too

Christmastree43 Fri 29-Mar-19 21:52:00

applepineapple thank you very much!

‘Slinging it up’ wow grin

JaneEyre07 Fri 29-Mar-19 21:54:37

I reckon Will's been a naughty boy.

Poor Kate if he has..... pretty tough marriage to walk away from when her sons and daughter are potential heirs to the throne.

LizzieSiddal Fri 29-Mar-19 21:54:42

I don’t think this is true at all. They look relaxed, happy and deeply in love when you see them together.

DuchessofManchester Fri 29-Mar-19 21:57:06

I really hope this isn't true.

AIBUtopickanyoldname Fri 29-Mar-19 22:01:05

I wouldn’t be remotely surprised if it’s true.

Don’t all the royal males have mistresses? I thought Prince Philip has had a mistress for over 40 years.

My perception is that it’s quite commonplace in the aristocracy. Kate probably knows and is just pissed off it’s become public.

thesurreyyouth Fri 29-Mar-19 22:04:16

I think the clue about it all coming out on Monday (1st April) May help

BlytheofWindyWillows Fri 29-Mar-19 22:09:35

Agree with surrey, this is BG's April Fools story.

poseybobblehat Fri 29-Mar-19 22:09:54

Blind gossip have a second thread on this going, but pretty sure that one is an April fool !

poseybobblehat Fri 29-Mar-19 22:10:56

The first thread is called 'dust ups'

Bowchicawowow Fri 29-Mar-19 22:11:24

The Blind Gossip story says MM's baby is PW's. If that's an April Fool it's horrible.

poseybobblehat Fri 29-Mar-19 22:12:34

They have 2 threads going

thesurreyyouth Fri 29-Mar-19 22:16:18

I agree I thought it distasteful to make an April fools joke suggesting MM & PW had an affair resulting in pregnancy. Not funny.

BettyBooJustDoinTheDoo Sat 30-Mar-19 02:06:14

If your average blokes on the street who have perfectly lovely wives and children at home have affairs then the likelihood that a pampered multi millionaire Prince and heir to the British throne, who has been bowed and scrapped to his whole life, who is probably surrounded by sycophants and adoring glamorous women who hang onto his every word is probably quite likely to feel they can have affairs/flings with other women, I don’t doubt for a minute he adores Kate and the children but I could quite imagine him going down that road like his ancestors. And no way would Kate walk away from her marriage because of a fling or an affair, she is their until death them do part, no way is she going to end up like Sarah or Diana.

Bowchicawowow Sat 30-Mar-19 09:45:30

If it is true I feel incredibly sorry for her. She hasn't put a foot wrong and seems like a good mother. Her family have given him a more stable experience of family life. She has just had a baby and she must be in complete agony.

noodlenosefraggle Sat 30-Mar-19 09:49:33

I thought according to some other gossip thread that MM's baby was meant to be PC's and she was plotting with him for their baby to be next in line? I think Wills is too dull to have an affair.

Bowchicawowow Sat 30-Mar-19 09:54:08

I that's an April Fool noodle.

noodlenosefraggle Sat 30-Mar-19 09:57:09

It was ages ago. The point I was making was that the previous story was clearly made up by the Harry Stans and racists who hate MM, so the story about her baby being PW's is probably just an extension of that, and an easy one to make up conflating several pieces of gossip into one.

SaveKevin Sat 30-Mar-19 10:02:45

I don’t believe it. If it’s an April fools it’s awful.
I don’t know them and I’ve never met anyone who does. So my basis for not believing it is complete bollocks. However, I don’t believe it grin.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »