Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Princess Charlotte's Godparents

(6 Posts)
hollyisalovelyname Sun 05-Jul-15 16:07:15

I'm a bit surprised that Harry or Pippa were not chosen as godparents for either George or Charlotte.
I'm not in the UK so I don't know what the tradition is.

EducationalWelfareMakeMeCry Sun 05-Jul-15 18:18:10

They chose two first cousins and a date that didn't suit Harry, Harry didn't take a break in his schedule. confused

hollyisalovelyname Sun 05-Jul-15 18:29:12

The pictures are lovely in the DM.

EdithWeston Mon 06-Jul-15 04:33:14

They had 5 godparents, mixture of family and friends. That's more than usual (don't most people go for 3?) but there's no particular tradition requiring specific degrees of kin amongst those asked.

Does the Duchess have godparents? I remember something about her being received into the Church by the Archbish, but can't remember if that was christening or confirmation.

Prince William had 6: former King Constantine II of Greece (his paternal second cousin once removed); Princess Alexandra, The Honourable Lady Ogilvy (his paternal first cousin twice removed); the Duchess of Westminster; Lady Susan Hussey; Lord Romsey.

Cecyhall Mon 06-Jul-15 06:48:30

I'm obviously not royal but I purposely didn't choose close family as godparents to DS as I felt they already had an important named role as auntie or uncle so I wanted them to have a bond with other people as well (although dh's choices don't bother with him at all but we weren't to know that at the time!)

AuntieStella Mon 06-Jul-15 06:58:45

Prince George had 7!

Oliver Baker, Emilia Jardine-Paterson, Earl Grosvenor, Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton, Julia Samuel, William van Cutsem and Zara Tindall.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now