Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is primarily for users to flag spam and glaringly obvious trolls to the Night Watch team. If there's a poster who's really worrying you, please do report it to MNHQ in the usual way.

Could someone check this thread please?

(20 Posts)
paxillin Sun 03-Dec-17 23:29:33

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/3103746-sorry-not-aibu-but-need-help?trending=1

paxillin Mon 04-Dec-17 00:58:27

I think it really needs to be looked at.

DramaAlpaca Mon 04-Dec-17 00:59:27

Yes, it's bothering me too.

doubleshotespresso Mon 04-Dec-17 01:06:44

I am so worried too!

MrsGB2225 Mon 04-Dec-17 01:07:04

I thought so too

starbrightnight Mon 04-Dec-17 01:09:32

Yes, it's very worrying.

Maryz Mon 04-Dec-17 01:12:08

What are NightWatch meant to do? If they delete it they'll be called unsympathetic. They are hardly going to call the police and say "someone on the internet has posted some stuff and then gone to bed".

The op is downstairs, presumably can get out, what more can be done by randomers on an internet site? I'd like it hidden, but then people will post lots of TAATs saying "what happened to the poor woman who was hiding in her house".

paxillin Mon 04-Dec-17 01:15:00

Then delete. A live DV thread is not going to help the OP. If OP is there to stir, delete. If OP can be contacted, contact.

Maryz Mon 04-Dec-17 01:17:27

Yep I'd be in favour of deleting it (and half of aibu while they are at it). But would that have lots of people complaining that the op's "only support" had been removed?

OP can't possibly be contacted hmm. MN can't, surely, use IP addresses (or emails or anything else) to pass on to the police, that would be ridiculous; who would make the decision?

Battleax Mon 04-Dec-17 01:19:12

Worrying.

paxillin Mon 04-Dec-17 01:20:49

Perhaps not. They could email her, naturally, but no immediate help can be send since OP has turned it down (and how would she know any poster isn't her husband).

Deleting half of AIBU is probably beyond the scope of the nightwatch.

Battleax Mon 04-Dec-17 01:22:20

It's all very involved isn't it?

The title didn't match the thread from the start.

Maryz Mon 04-Dec-17 01:23:36

If it's true, things could be made much worse for her if someone rang or emailed or turned up on the doorstep. If it's not chasing it up is a waste of time.

Probably better to have it hidden - but that will send the followers into meltdown with the "omg, this is her only source of help" and a million TAATs. I dunno, it's sod's law really, can't do right for doing wrong hmm

Bubblebubblepop Mon 04-Dec-17 01:24:52

There really isn't anything they can do except delete I do think people get a sick kick out of the drama stirred up by these threads so delete is probably best

paxillin Mon 04-Dec-17 01:25:33

It's a bit like suicidal posters, whatever you do looks callous. I wonder if there is a policy just as there is for those.

Battleax Mon 04-Dec-17 01:27:19

If she's genuine and she's not been back because she's lost control of the iPad (i.e. He has it) hiding the thread is DEFINITELY better on balance.

Battleax Mon 04-Dec-17 01:29:18

OTOH if she needs help and she has the tablet, twitter would work.

harrypotternerd Mon 04-Dec-17 01:30:27

i hope the poster is ok. It was very worrying

paxillin Mon 04-Dec-17 02:01:39

She's going to bed now.

Nightwatcher Mon 04-Dec-17 02:26:50

Hi all

Sorry, just come on duty and seen this.
Maryz is right - there is not much we can do.

I can't really even delete the thread because its not a blatantly nasty troll (as far as we can tell...).

I will keep an eye on it, and HQ will deal with it in the morning.

Thanks for flagging it, pax.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: