Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is primarily for users to flag spam and glaringly obvious trolls to the Night Watch team. If there's a poster who's really worrying you, please do report it to MNHQ in the usual way.

Disturbing thread

(24 Posts)
LiviaDrusillaAugusta Wed 28-Sep-16 02:29:55

Could someone have a look into potentially removing this thread please

avamiah Wed 28-Sep-16 02:32:38

What thread?

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Wed 28-Sep-16 02:33:16

I have linked to it

avamiah Wed 28-Sep-16 02:36:06

Yes .
i read it earlier.

avamiah Wed 28-Sep-16 02:40:05

Troll
Too late to be genuine .
In my opinion.

Jasonandyawegunorts Wed 28-Sep-16 02:40:15

Hopwfully someone from the nightwatch is on.

WatcherOfTheNight Wed 28-Sep-16 02:43:18

Hi everyone,thanks for posting on here as I've not had any reports through as yet.
I've hidden it until HQ can take a look.

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Wed 28-Sep-16 02:44:22

Thanks - I reported this thread too blush

Jasonandyawegunorts Wed 28-Sep-16 02:44:52

Thank you.

avamiah Wed 28-Sep-16 02:45:35

Thanks.
Reported.

QueenLizIII Wed 28-Sep-16 02:53:08

I reported it but then thought I was being mean. Maybe not.

VioletBam Wed 28-Sep-16 03:13:51

I reported it immediately. I can tell immediately when someone is genuine. This had all my alarm bells ringing.

user1475019164 Wed 28-Sep-16 09:58:39

i think it was reported because the person who posted it appears to be a vulnerable user or something like that VioletBam

QueenLizIII Wed 28-Sep-16 11:21:05

I have to say all these Userxyz names make you all look like a bunch of spammers.

The first thing I did when I joined was changed my name.

it isnt hard.

It is actually quite irritating to read when severl people on the same thread have slightly different user numbers as you cant tell who said what.

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Wed 28-Sep-16 11:38:13

Actually having a 'user' name, whilst annoying, doesn't necessarily make anyone look like a spammer.

I reported as the OP was potentially vulnerable if she was genuine.

IamaButtercup Wed 28-Sep-16 16:40:49

I saw the thread an di read the OP's post and reversal. I do have some experience with sexual abuse and domestic abuse trauma as well as BPD and the self hate and self doubt rings very true to me. if it is true the OP was raised in a home like she described it is highly likely that she had her experience of attempted rape dismissed and so her post was trying to determine whether or not she felt she was making a fuss about nothing or whether it was really sexual abuse. many survivors including myself have walked through this. shut the thread down for HER sake (the OPs). remember, she is the one hurting from this, she can't just log off the computer and forget it. yes, it was a disturbing and manipulative thread but at the end of the day it is 10 mins of disgust for most people on here. for this OP, whoever she is, this is something she lives with daily.

IamaButtercup Wed 28-Sep-16 16:43:46

sorry if the above sounded harsh. it Is just that many are quick to make it all about how offended THEY (not referring to you here LiviaDrusillaAugusta, but some of the others) are for reading something that makes them uncomfortable. that is a world away from the triggering and flashbacks OP most likely experienced writing it or thinking about it.

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Wed 28-Sep-16 16:52:57

I totally get what you were saying and I'm not sure why someone would discount it because of the time of day it was posted. And all the nasty crowing posts about 'knowing it was a troll' are sickening.

I understand a little of what the OP dealt with and as someone who lost their virginity when I was raped at 15 I get it.

And those who were disgusted can just get a fucking grip. I was concerned for the OP.

EmilySunshine Sat 01-Oct-16 20:23:54

hi, this is the person who started that thread, the one being discussed here. i want to apologise for any distress i have caused through not being honest from the start that it was me i was talking about. i am looking into getting help for my mental health generally - have an appointment in two weeks and also some sexual assault survivor help. i am coming to terms with the fact that what happened WAS sexual abuse. thanks for all your kind words and concern, and again, i apologise for any worry i have caused. i am safe at the moment and just wanted people on here to know that. bless you all......

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Sat 01-Oct-16 22:36:33

Oh I'm glad about that - hope you are okay flowers

EmilySunshine Sun 02-Oct-16 01:16:11

thanks Livia. i am feeling calmer today and looking into seeing what help may be available to help deal with these demons once and for all. ((((hugs)))) to you . and thanks for being brave enough to share your own experience.

Jasonandyawegunorts Sun 02-Oct-16 02:36:37

Dawn Thank you for the apology, but almost 12 hours for what was blatant disablism and sock puppeting really falls below the mark. It’s not just me that needs an apology here, I’m just the loudest of many who are effected.

That said i have noticed and do think you are absolutely on the right track with the new deletion messages and emailing / messaging the posters to tell them specifically what they have done to warrant having posts deleted. It absolutely shows us that you are trying to put a new system in place.

Jasonandyawegunorts Sun 02-Oct-16 02:36:59

sorry wrong thread. ignore me

EmilySunshine Sun 02-Oct-16 03:42:32

phew. i kind of thought it couldn't be the same thread....definitely no ableism on this one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now