Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is primarily for users to flag spam to the Night Watch team. If there's a poster who's really worrying you, please do report it to MNHQ in the usual way. You can also post about it here, but we would ask you to please be careful not to troll hunt.

ok1211 posting violent pictures

(46 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Jasonandyawegunorts Sat 27-Aug-16 02:34:00

This poster really needs dealing with.

OlennasWimple Sat 27-Aug-16 02:37:39

Yes - I was thinking about the best way to post a warning to other posters that they might want to avoid opening the threads if graphic gore would be particularly upsetting. Good thread title (posting to help keep this thread bumped up the "Active" list)

Nearly back to school, at least...

Stevefromstevenage Sat 27-Aug-16 02:38:14

Bump shudder I opened 2 of them.

Maudlinmaud Sat 27-Aug-16 02:41:57

Oh my good god! Please remove this, very stupidly I clicked on the picture. Abhorrent and disturbing is not even close....why would anyone be so sick of mind.

camelfinger Sat 27-Aug-16 02:42:07

Bump

Jasonandyawegunorts Sat 27-Aug-16 02:43:28

Where are night watch?
Not on tonight?

WatcherOfTheNight Sat 27-Aug-16 02:44:50

Can anyone link ?
I'm having internet problems ATM

AvengeTheDoc Sat 27-Aug-16 02:45:02

I've found one is it worth naming them in a thread title so they'll be seen in active and people can choose not to look than be blindsided

MinnowAndTheBear Sat 27-Aug-16 02:45:18

Thanks for the warning! I'm on my phone so I can't see the name of the poster before opening the thread. I'm just going to put my phone down and read my book like I keep meaning to do!

OlennasWimple Sat 27-Aug-16 02:45:34

It would seem not...

Jasonandyawegunorts Sat 27-Aug-16 02:47:07

Can anyone link ?

I'm sorry but i'd really rather not.
Both have feminism in the title.

OlennasWimple Sat 27-Aug-16 02:47:30

One of the posts has been locked "until MNHQ can take a further look" - presumably because it has received so many reports it has automatically been locked down?

OlennasWimple Sat 27-Aug-16 02:48:53

There's four threads, all in chat called "Feminism" or "feminism in a nutshell" type things. Same text, different (graphic) pictures

WatcherOfTheNight Sat 27-Aug-16 02:49:45

Found them,
Thanks All,no messages came through about these

Wishfulmakeupping Sat 27-Aug-16 02:50:50

Ditto minnow sad
Mn HQ when you do eventually get round to this- this is happening FAR to often please review your overnight arrangements they are not fit for purpose.
Given the popularity of the site both in UK and internationally I find it incredulous that the site is not staffed accordingly to cover the 'night' periods. I've said this several times its been ignored every time but this seriously needs sorting out!

OlennasWimple Sat 27-Aug-16 02:50:52

Hi Watcher - do you mean no reports came through?

WatcherOfTheNight Sat 27-Aug-16 02:52:33

Not to me no,we normally get an email asking us to look in to a thread but I've reviewed none.

I will bring this up again with HQ

DropYourSword Sat 27-Aug-16 02:53:26

Must be something wrong because people did report them.
I don't understand why MN can't use people to staff overnight. There are even plenty of posters that live on the other side of the world and its daytime when it's night in the uk - we could do it here!

WatcherOfTheNight Sat 27-Aug-16 02:53:43

* received not reviewed!

Thanks for posting about it on here.

AppleMagic Sat 27-Aug-16 02:54:21

Glad to see how quickly they disappeared off active threads (whether it was automatic, night watch or MNHQ).

WatcherOfTheNight Sat 27-Aug-16 02:54:58

I think Nightwatchers are from all around the world.

I have mentioned before that the system needs reviewing & I will do so again after this.

Gingernaut Sat 27-Aug-16 02:55:23

They seem to have gone.

breathes sigh of relief and goes to find kitten pics to cleanse mind

OlennasWimple Sat 27-Aug-16 02:56:19

I reported all of them, along with my own post on one of them (I know, I know) and this OP, so you should have received quite a few messages about today's hairy handed poster

WatcherOfTheNight Sat 27-Aug-16 02:56:21

I believe when a Nightwatcher hides something it also comes off of active Apple.

Maudlinmaud Sat 27-Aug-16 03:01:29

Odd that the topic was feminism and using the "cis" reference. Coincidence? I think not! Glad its gone. Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now