Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is primarily for users to flag spam to the Night Watch team. If there's a poster who's really worrying you, please do report it to MNHQ in the usual way. You can also post about it here, but we would ask you to please be careful not to troll hunt.

How quick do you respond?

(23 Posts)
OddSocksHighHeels Fri 19-Feb-16 02:42:58

Ok, fact is that a lot of us going through hard times don't sleep well. And we read harsh things said to us and they hurt. They really hurt when you're already fragile.

I couldn't advocate on my own behalf so this post is not about me and I don't think it's helpful to link to the thread that has prompted this but there needs to better round the clock checking of reports.

JennyBunn Sun 21-Feb-16 08:20:11

Hope you're ok OddSocks. I can't believe how vile that one was to you (I'm not naming her). flowers

lunar1 Sun 21-Feb-16 08:22:19

I can't believe nobody stopped that thread, I hope you are ok this morning.

Aramynta Sun 21-Feb-16 08:27:23

I hope you are OK Oddsocks - my thread on the matter is being removed, too.

I am so sorry that Night Watch and MNHQ failed you so badly on this. Well done to all the posters who stepped in to fill the thread and stop that horrible attack thanks

phequer Sun 21-Feb-16 08:31:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

londonrach Sun 21-Feb-16 08:32:33

Hope you ok oddsocks flowers

Cocacolaandchocolate Sun 21-Feb-16 08:33:56

Hope your okay odd socks 🌺

ManicPixieDream Sun 21-Feb-16 08:35:51

Glad you are still posting after all that Odd. Jeez what a thread. Hope you're ok flowers

TheoriginalLEM Sun 21-Feb-16 08:38:58

i don't even bother reporting posts during the night. nothing gets done. Mnhq make enough money . they need to employ ppeople to cover the night shift which is when most twattery takes place.

Twowrongsdontmakearight Sun 21-Feb-16 17:36:37

Hi Oddsocks. I didn't read the original thread but I've read others of yours in the past. Hope you are ok

CatThiefKeith Sun 21-Feb-16 17:53:38

Not seen your thread OddSocks but if it's gone the way mine have recently you have my full sympathy. (Thanks for standing up for me btw.) thanks

OddSocksHighHeels Sun 21-Feb-16 19:16:00

thank you all. Glad to see you back as well Keith flowers

Eastpoint Sun 21-Feb-16 19:18:43

I wasn't awake in the night for once but I hope MNHQ have sent you an apology for not shutting last night's thread down. I think I read that person say they were on their final warning so I hope they are now banned.

LineyReborn Sun 21-Feb-16 19:26:33

I missed it because as it happened I was feeling utterly exhausted by dealing with the aftermath of my father's death so I went to bed early - but with some bloody lovely good wishes from MNers in my head. But dear God, if I'd had a drink and been vulnerable and been on the wrong thread...

MN can and should be a supporting place. There are times, though, when as has has been said elsewhere it can give The Hunger Games a run for its money.

I think it would help for there to now be a paid overnight presence, as it's such a big site now.

ArkATerre Sun 21-Feb-16 19:34:18

You had problems with this in the early hours of Friday morning too? shock

usual Sun 21-Feb-16 19:40:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

magimedi Sun 21-Feb-16 19:40:54

The night watch are volunteers.

Mumsnet is big enough (and rich enough) that it needs to employ paid watchers overnight & at weekends.

See this for their worth:

companycheck.co.uk/search?term=mumsnet

I think they could afford to have people on duty out of hours.

LineyReborn Sun 21-Feb-16 19:44:12

Yes, I think irrespective of what happened, it's all ok and good for MN to have a paid night presence now.

ArkATerre Sun 21-Feb-16 19:46:40

I am very sorry to hear of your father's death, Liney. I know you don't know me under this nc but please accept my condolences. flowers

LineyReborn Sun 21-Feb-16 19:54:24

Thanks, Ark. It's circle of life stuff, really. Nothing like some MN posters have to contend with.

OddSocksHighHeels Sun 21-Feb-16 19:55:49

This thread was started about comments on somebody else's thread (not aimed at me) during the night and I wanted to try to get them deleted before that OP had come back to read them.

I've just re-read the OP and it doesn't actually make much sense (my fault for posting half-asleep) but what I meant was that there needed to be something done with the night watch. I still can't type that to make sense.

ArkATerre Sun 21-Feb-16 20:01:39

I know Liney, but it's the circle of your life, so all the best x

LineyReborn Sun 21-Feb-16 20:06:20

Odd you've been through such a lot lately. Please just look after yourself. I think of you from time to time and all you've managed to come through.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now