The Toddler girls are not going to be happy!

(16 Posts)
Toddlerteaplease Wed 23-Jun-21 21:53:52

The neighbour has finically finished the fence, and cut off their route into next doors garden. They will not be happy kitties!

OP’s posts: |
Awwlookatmybabyspider Thu 24-Jun-21 03:11:23

Awww is that Cheddar. He doesn't look happy on the first photo. grin

Toddlerteaplease Thu 24-Jun-21 09:43:45

That is Cheddar!

Toddlerteaplease Thu 24-Jun-21 17:03:12

They've just discovered the fence and keep staring at it. They are not happy!

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 24-Jun-21 17:59:31

They didn’t give planning permission & will not be giving it retrospectively either.

Toddlerteaplease Thu 24-Jun-21 18:14:02

No. So I gather!

Toddlerteaplease Thu 24-Jun-21 18:15:41

Just wondering what I can do to make the garden more interesting for them. Any ideas?

Advertisement

Soubriquet Thu 24-Jun-21 18:22:20

Could you build various platforms so they can be nosy from afar

Soubriquet Thu 24-Jun-21 18:25:25

Ok so google isn’t showing what I’m thinking of very well but it is showing that you can plant lots of plants that cats love as well as ones they can hide in so maybe that’s a start?

link

When I said about platforms in the garden I was thinking things like they have in zoos for the tigers

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 24-Jun-21 19:39:40

I was thinking platforms/cat climbing frames but toddler girls wouldn’t need tall ones because their not big climbers. Cats like tunnels as well because it appeals to their hunting instincts.

Sand pit & paddling pool?.

Any toys like balls etc need to come in overnight to keep slugs off.

Toddlerteaplease Thu 24-Jun-21 22:02:15

Yes. I think I'll get them an out door cat tree. Though I suspect it won't be used much. They don't really climb on the tables and chairs anyway. Although cheddar is likes being groomed on one of them.

Toddlerteaplease Thu 24-Jun-21 22:19:03

I just remembered that I had a couple of those windmills you get at the beach and cheddar loved them. So I'll get some more for her.

nettie434 Fri 25-Jun-21 00:28:20

Fluffycloudland77

They didn’t give planning permission & will not be giving it retrospectively either.

I expect Cheddar and Magic are compiling an AIBU cheeky neighbour thread. Maybe they won't be able to draw the diagram though - that will harder for their paws.

What about a cat tunnel? A friend's cat enjoyed one of those until he discovered the neighbour's shed. Of course, if they are in the tunnel, they won't be able to see over the fence. Misses point of thread entirely.

Toddlerteaplease Fri 25-Jun-21 03:41:43

I had a tunnel once before and it was never touched! It's really difficult to come up with ideas for cats that don't really do 'cat things' (or much else for that matter)

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 25-Jun-21 19:17:59

My Bengal wasn’t into tunnels either 🤷🏻‍♀️. I suppose get outdoor versions of what they like doing inside.

Some cats like sitting under shrubs in the hot weather but I think we’re safe from that this year.

Toddlerteaplease Fri 25-Jun-21 22:28:20

Well I got woken up about four times last night. Snorg was unusually vocal about it!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in